Chapter Seven: Old Memories

Patrick and I were officially together. We both decided that we would have this between us for a while.....

I was currently at the Chiefs game sitting in the sky box with Yeri, Donna, Havery, Mike, and Hanna. This was their fourth game of the season, and they have won every single game this far and I could not be any more proud of them.

"You know Ryan to say I'm very proud of you," Harvey said walking up to me and handing me a beer.

"Why is that Harvey."

"Because you are doing what I wanted you to do ages. I mean I have been begging you to a Chiefs game with us for years and now we are because you have a thing the quarterback."

"Oh shut up," I said as the teams came running out onto the field, and the crowd went wild.

The first half of the game was intense, the Lions were leading by 7 points. The score was 3 to 10 at halftime. Patrick missed a touchdown opportunity by going three and out in the red zone, which he never usually does. Maybe it was the pressure of the Lion's defense. It couldn't be, but Patrick usually performs well under pressure. I couldn't help but wonder what it was affecting his game. The cheerleader went on the field and did their return.

I wanted so badly to go see Patrick right now, but I didn't know where he was.

"Honey, are you okay?" Donna asked me as she noticed I was dazed off into the distance. I looked at her and smiled while nodding.

"Yeah, I can just feel that something's off with Patrick. He's not playing like his usual self." I stated matter of factly, Donna nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, I've noticed that.. he's not making plays today like he normally does," Donna said seriously.

" I will be right back," I said making my over to the field. Once I was on the field I saw Haley.

"Haley!" I shouted getting her attention.

"Hey girl what's up."

"Has anything been distracting Patrick?"

"No, not that I'm aware of.. sorry Ry." She said looking at me. I smiled at her before walking off the field.  I wanted to go to the locker room and talk to him but I knew my brother would be there and Cocuh Reid. The last thing I wanted was to be blamed for affecting his game if they saw us together, so the handicapped bathroom was my quick resolution.

I scrolled through my texts until I found 'Mahomie🏈' and started typing him a text message.

Me: SOS I need your help in the handicapped bathroom rn. it's an emergency. Don't let Travis see you.

I knew I had to make the message sound extremely urgent or else Patrick wouldn't leave his team during halftime. A few seconds later I heard a knock on the bathroom door, I smiled and unlocked the door.  Patrick quickly entered the bathroom with his entire football uniform on, and a headband on top of his head keeping his wild and curly hair off his face.

"What's going on Ryan? Are you ok-" but before he could finish his question, I interrupted him by smashing my lips against his. I knew this was a big risk asking him to come here but I just knew I wanted to help lift his spirits some way before the second half of the game, and kissing him was the best thing I could come up with at the moment.

Patrick was shocked at first, but to my surprise, he was pleasantly surprised. Patrick wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me while kissing me back. We made out in each other's arms for a good couple of minutes, and then we both pulled away from our passionate kiss at the same time.

We realized the same thing at the same time, halftime was quickly coming to an end.

"What was that for?" Patrick whispered while smiling widely and breathing deeply from our moment of passion.