Prologue

Rain sprinkled onto the floor, and squeaked with happiness with every drop that hit the surface. A young, charming fellow brisked around his local shopping city.

???: "Come on... They have to have the volume of the manga in here... I can't just read the first one and then be forced onto the third one... That's completely outlandish!"

His shoes tapped along the floor in a rushed manner. His shoes bickered amongst each other on the floor. The boy sighed, and then he could hear someone scream.

"AHHHH!!! HELP!"

THUD!

???: "Huh? What the hell is going on?"

"ROAAR!!!"

WAPOW!

And then... darkness. Our young lad had... been hit by something. What the hell was that?

Suddenly... his eyes slowly rose open again, to a room that had colourful flashing walls, and what seemed to be no end.

???: "Luke!"

Luke: "Wha..? Mommy?"

???: "No! I'm not your fucking mother. Get up. The name's... Uh..."

Luke: "Hi, Uh. I'm Luke."

Uh: "My name's not... N-Nevermind. Anyways. Your world has changed, my friend. Your city has been replaced with-"

Luke: "Colourful walls! I'm on an acid trip!"

Uh: "No. This is a place that exists between dreams and reality..."

Luke: "That sounds awesome!"

Uh: "I lied. I tried sounding badass, but you're... in a dream, technically. You just haven't woken up yet."

The boy looks down at his feet, he sees that suddenly he has some armour on.

Luke: "Uh? Why do I have armour on? I swear I was just wearing my jeans and my jacket-"

Uh: "IF YOU WOULD LET ME EXPLAIN MYSELF, I WOULD LET YOU KNOW, JACKASS. Your world has turned into a land that's been infested with horrible monsters! Your precious dogs that you may have once loved may have turned into horrid beasts... like chihuahuas."

Luke: "I hate those things."

Uh: "Anyways! You, Paladin Luke... Shall venture out into the world, and slay these beasts, and return your world to what it once was."

Luke: "I have to kill chihuahuas?"

Uh: "YOU HAVE TO KILL FUCKING DEMONS AND ORCS AND STUFF. NOW FUCKING LEAVE!"

And just like that... Luke woke up from his weird dream... It felt grassy on his hair, and he stood up. He felt heavy... Wait...

Luke: "Huh?! The armour..? It's still on me?! Where am I? Am I not in Runco-"

He stops speaking, as he gets a look at where he is at. A sign stands next to him. It reads "Welcome to Runcornia, the city of merchants."

Luke: "Huh?! Runcornia? Where the fuck did the ia come from? Jesus christ."

He facepalms, and looks around. As expected, this city is not anything like the city he once knew. It was more of a better, friendlier market. He stumbles across a stand that reads "Squad signup."

Luke: "Squad signup? I can signup into a squad? Hah... I could use some friends."

He rushes over to the stand. A scary old man with battle scars and rusty armour greets him.

Jangua: "Name's Jangua, O'Paladin. You're here to create a squad, yes?"

Luke: "Can I not... join one..?"

Jangua: "Nope... Seems like you're already in a squad... Or well, starting one out."

Luke: "I literally have no idea what you mean..."

Jangua: "What do you want to name your squad, anyways?"

Luke: "Poopbutt McShittyTitty."

The old man stares at him for a moment.

Jangua: "You serious, kid?"

Luke: "Fine. Failed Abortions."

Jangua: "Already taken, Kid. Some Lusnian took it."

Luke: "Yeesh. What about... ehhh..."

Jangua: "I'll make one for you, you stupid fucker. Your squad is now called Peeps."

Luke: "Awh man... Peeps?"

Jangua: "Now go, O'Paladin! Show this world what you're made of!"

Luke: "A-Alright!"

Jangua; "Make sure you do the tutorial! It's to your left!"

Luke: "O-Okay..!"

And so... our protagonist has ran off to the "Tutorial". Will he get far in this world? Will he meet new allies?