Epilogue: To love is to live

*This song just... fits the message of this story, I think. And this final bit :). Girl-SYML

Minho was just about ready to fall asleep in his car as he stared up at the house. Perhaps it would be easier to sleep there to have a quiet night for once. But that wouldn't do, he couldn't leave his position of being a parent even for one night while his spouse was left to handle their two month old daughter.

With a sigh, Minho gathered his things, made sure to close the door to his car quietly as he got out, and then headed inside, ready to snuggle Jisung and Nari after a drawn out day at work. He just hoped Nari would actually attempt to sleep tonight.

The house was quiet when Minho stepped inside and locked the front door, and he glanced around with a raised eyebrow. Nari was not in her crate in the living room, but her nursery at the top of the stairs was dark when there was usually a night light on while she slept in there. So she likely wasn't there either.

Afraid of disturbing the peace on accident, Minho kicked his shoes and coat off before silently making his way into the kitchen. The lights were on and a bowl of half-finished food sat next to Nari's high chair, meaning Jisung was pulled away from his dinner at some point. That made Minho frown a little, and he turned some lights off as he quickly headed up the stairs.

The bathroom in the hall was lit up, and at a peek inside, it was clear that Jisung must have given Nari a bath, because the area all around the sink was splashed with water. Minho turned the light off and made it down to their bedroom.

The door was open a crack, showing off the low lamp light spilling from their bedside table. "Ji?" Minho whispered, lightly pushing the door open. He stepped inside and immediately checked his own pulse, because laying in the middle of the bed, was his little family.

Jisung was laying on his side, legs curled up and arms curled down around where Nari was nestled against him. He was asleep, glasses slightly strewn against his face and hair falling over his forehead messily. Nari was also very much asleep, one of her tiny hands curled into her papa's blue sweater, and Cocoa Beans was at the foot of the bed, one paw resting purposely on Jisung's foot.

Like Minho often did, he immediately pulled his phone out and took a picture, fighting to contain his squeals and coos of his rising cuteness aggression. Then he tiptoed forward, moving like he was made of peanut butter as he reached to take Jisung's glasses.

Jisung took a sudden breath in, eyes opening sleepily yet growing alert at once. He started pushing himself upright. "Nari-?"

"Shh, everything's okay, baby," Minho quickly whispered, taking the glasses and petting Jisung's messy brown hair. "Nari is right here, I just got home."

Jisung melted back into the bed, sighing out in relief as his gaze moved down to his daughter. He pulled her into his chest, eyes shining like he was holding something beyond precious. "She was really fussy tonight, but as soon as I came in here to change out of my shirt that got soaked from giving her a bath, she settled down."

Minho set his husband's glasses on the night stand. "So you fell asleep with her?"

Jisung's cheeks flushed. "I didn't really mean to. I sat down to rock her and... yeah." He shifted to lay back on his pillows properly, carefully keeping Nari cradled against his chest and kissing her head. "I swear I'll clean everything up-"

"Ah, what did we talk about?" Minho interrupted softly as he pet Cocoa Beans, who'd just noticed his presence. "We shoulder everything together. Sometimes I'll do more, sometimes you will, but we will always strive for...?"

Jisung lightly rolled his eyes, but his smile was soft. "Balance."

"Very good." Minho crawled onto the bed and over to the loves of his life. He kissed Jisung and then set a hand on Nari's head, where she was already sporting dark fuzz. "She's actually asleep," he whispered, disbelief coloring his voice.