Life is like pasta... messy but delicious

*Important: There are a couple large time skips, so if you get a little bit of whiplash, my B, but here is your warning lol.

*This is the last chapter before the epilogue, so this is pretty much just showing little glimpses into their life and a few little defining moments in their relationship. Enjoy!

"Jisung, he didn't mean it like that."

"Oh, right, of course! He only meant it in a very kind, non-biased way," Jisung huffed out, stirring the batter in front of him a little more harshly.

"Ji."

"No, no, I get it!" A splotch of batter hit the counter top. "He's just being considerate, and there's nothing wrong with the way he talked about me as if I wasn't even there." The bowl suddenly slipped from his furious hands, sliding across the counter.

A hand caught it just before it tipped over the edge, and Minho came into Jisung's line of sight, pushing the bowl back to safety while his boyfriend pointedly avoided his eyes.

"I'm not trying to excuse my father or make his horrible actions sound valid."

Like sticky strings tangled around a cactus, uncomfortable anger and shame still burned and twisted around Jisung's chest, and he crossed his arms. "I would hope not. He made me feel like shit."

Minho reached forward, but he didn't touch Jisung just yet. "Baby, would you please look at me?"

He was angry at Minho's father, not Minho himself, but that shame still soured his mouth. "I couldn't possibly. A simple-minded omega shouldn't even dare lay their eyes on a mighty pure blood."

"Jisung," Minho nearly snapped, turning the omega to face him, who kept his eyes stubbornly to the side. "My father is a businessman, a man that only looks out for his company. In his eyes, marriage in general is a great distraction, let alone a healthy marriage that could potentially produce children."

Jisung's throat constricted, the burn in his chest still as uncomfortable as it was when he was faced with Minho's father just an hour before. "So he hates omegas just because we're a distraction. That makes me feel better."

"My love," Minho said, hands dragging up and down Jisung's arms, "I'm not defending him. I'm only explaining to you that hate does not exist in my father's mind. No emotion really does, so his biting words were literally out of a business point of view. Like a robot attempting to see logic."

Conflict was still warring in Jisung's chest, but he gave into his mate's touch and calming scent, dropping his head forward to fall against the alpha's chest. "It still hurt to hear."

Minho's arms circled around his shrunken-in frame, pulling him close. "I know, and it hurt to see you get treated like shit." He kissed his head. "And no matter what my father thinks, I'm going to marry you, whether he likes it or not."

Jisung peeked between their bodies, eyeing the ring that sat on his finger with a smile that was impossible to fight down. Only a month after officially becoming mates, Jisung and Minho had completely and accidentally proposed to each other at the same time.

Their rings were matching; made of a soft silver band and engraved with gold markings and tiny white gems on the sides. Apparently Beth had left both of them a ring to give to the other 'when the time suited them', but she -purposely- didn't tell either of them about it. So when they tried kneeling for each other at the same time, their laughter had increased upon seeing the identical rings. Beth was a sneaky lady even when she was no longer physically around.

Nonetheless, Minho and Jisung had still exchanged rings and enjoyed the messy aftermath of doubled desserts and flowers that ended up showing up at their respective places. And they spent the rest of that evening making up to each other.