The winds of time

Jisung stared at Minho, elbows leaning on the table, hands resting on his chin, just admiring him as he helped Beth with the cooking. The alpha's sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, skillfully cooking... whatever it was they were cooking.

Two days had passed since the incident with those three alphas, and Jisung still hadn't completely registered the fact that Minho didn't have to go back to Korea permanently unless he really wanted to in the future. And he had assured that he wasn't going anywhere for a long time. Thank goodness for his sister taking over the leadership in their pack.

"Jisung, the vegetables can't be chopped if you're staring at Minho," Beth scolded, jerking him out of his reverie.

Minho chuckled while Jisung shut upright and got back to work chopping the carrots and potatoes he was given. "Sorry, it's hard not to stare when he's right there," Jisung muttered.

He seemed to be distracted a lot lately. First he was anxious after the terrifying confrontation with those alphas, only calming down when Minho reported them to the pack leadership and had them taken into custody for harassment and assault. And now Jisung was constantly frozen in motion, heart eyes glued to his boyfriend any time he was around. The boyfriend that he knew would be around for a while.

A knock sounded at Beth's front door, and Jisung got out of his chair. "I'll get it."

The Christmas music playing in the kitchen slowly faded out behind Jisung as he crossed the house, and when he opened the front door, his whole being lit up. A package was sitting on the front step, but that wasn't what Jisung was excited about.

"It's snowing!"

Jisung hastily grabbed the box, set it inside the doorway, and ran back to the kitchen, sliding across the wood floors as he barely made it through the doorway. "It's snowing, come on, we have to go make a snow angel or something!"

Beth shook her head. "Honey, it snows every year."

"I know, but it doesn't always snow in time for Christmas. Snow at this time of year is special, don't you know?"

Minho, of course, couldn't resist Jisung's will for long. After making sure the food was properly cooked and prepped for the next stage, Minho removed Beth's apron that said 'Caution: Granny at work' and agreed to go outside with him.

Beth sat on her front porch wrapped up in thick mittens and a few blankets as she watched Minho and Jisung make a few snow angels and have a short snowball fight. The fight ended when Minho tackled Jisung and stuffed snow down the back of his shirt, and the three went back inside to dry off and have hot chocolate before finishing the meal they were making for a family that lived a few blocks from Beth.

The days leading up to Christmas were similar, Jisung and Minho staying at Beth's for the winter break, cooking, baking, and driving her crazy every time they went outside and ended up tracking snow inside.

Christmas day was a little rough on Jisung's heart.

That morning the three of them exchanged presents, Beth gifting them both hand-quilted blankets. Minho's gift made Jisung and Beth cry, as they both received a framed photo of them together at Beth's table, hands and heads together, smiling in a way that was clear they'd been laughing. Minho did have a box of tissues ready for that, thankfully.

Jisung had picked up making bracelets while watching his shows at night over the past year, so he felt a little silly giving the people that meant the most to him bracelets of string and leather with small charms like books and cakes on Beth's and cats and music notes on Minho's. But his shyness was eased by their genuine reactions, both of them wearing the jewelry right away.