Totally forgotten

Jisung stared at the phone sitting on the cluttered nightstand beside his bed. Was he breathing right?

Just answer the damn phone. If anything he'll get suspicious if you don't answer.

But I don't want to answer if he remembers everything!

Then what, you'll just avoid him forever? Yeah right.

At the last second Jisung scrambled to answer the phone. "Hey, what's up?" Was that convincing voice acting?

"Hey Jisung, it's Minho- I know you already know that, that was stupid to say, sorry. Um..."

Jisung's anxiety grew the longer the silence was drawn out. "Are you okay? he finally asked, albeit hesitantly.

Minho cleared his throat. "Yeah, I'm just hungover as hell. Um... did I do or say anything stupid last night? I can't remember how I got home, but I saw in my history that I called you, so I'm assuming you brought me home?"

Relief had Jisung melting into a puddle on his bed. "I did. And don't worry, you were fine. You mostly just passed out right away." It wasn't a total lie, but he wasn't about to spill the whole truth.

"So I didn't do or say anything to make you uncomfortable, right?"

Jisung's skin flushed as last night flashed through his mind again. It was uncomfortable in a way, but he also didn't totally hate it. It's not like Minho did anything sexual or violent. He was just... snugly and confused. Or maybe Jisung was the one that was confused. "No. Anything you said you muttered in Korean, so even if you said anything embarrassing I have no idea what it was." Another partial lie.

"Oh geez," Minho muttered. A light shuffling was heard on the other side of the phone speaker. "I'm sorry you had to see me like that. Mark got accepted into a big scholarship of some sort and he wanted to celebrate. I agreed to a few drinks and I guess I got... carried away."

Jisung chuckled. "You're kind of a cute drunk, so it was fine. Funny and cute." That part was true.

Minho scoffed. "Now I'm at the disadvantage again, because I have no idea how you are when you're drunk."

"I don't get drunk very often. And when I do I get super sleepy. Also are you implying you want to get me drunk?"

"No no no, not at all," Minho scrambled, stuttering slightly.

Jisung laughed. "I'm teasing. How's the headache?"

"Killer. But I'm not one to complain about the obvious consequences of my actions."

"Want to come over for some hot chocolate? I just bought some to make." The invitations was out before Jisung could realize what he was saying.

"You know what, that sounds delightful. As long as the sun isn't going to blind me while I'm over there."

Jisung smiled as he began crawling out of bed. "It won't. I'm not a morning person, I don't open my curtains until I'm fully and completely awake."

"Oh, did I wake you up?"

"No, I naturally woke up a while ago. I'll be getting ready, you can just walk in."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. I showered last night, so you won't have to worry about walking in on my naked." Why did I say that?

A beat of silence. "Okay, I'll be over in five." 

Jisung beamed. "Okay!

Even though Minho didn't remember last night, Jisung definitely did, and he couldn't help feeling a little nervous while he got dressed and tried doing his hair. He was more nervous about how he would act around Minho rather than the other way around, but he knew he couldn't avoid him forever.