???

*Thought I'd update two(ish) days in a row cause why not??

*Fair warning, this chapter is... a roller coaster. Don't know how else to describe it... Enjoy.

Jisung was a zombie, and he had no regrets. Well, he sort of did. In his lovey-dovey daze last night, he had failed to close his bedroom curtains, so sunlight was streaming in freely, and his alarm was going off.

With groan he rolled over, blindly smacking the screen of his phone until the blaring sound finally shut off. He pulled a pillow over his head and was happy to sacrifice some oxygen to preserve his eyes from the blinding fire ball outside. His body was just settling back into the mattress when his phone went off again, this time being his ring tone.

"Whyyyy?" he half-heartedly screamed into his blanket. To avoid being blinded again, he grabbed his phone from under the cave he made with his pillow and dragged it to his ear. "Hello?"

Beth's voice laughed on the other end. "Well good morning to you too, deary. I'm glad to see that I called you for good reason."

Jisung groaned. "I'm sorry, I'm just really tired, we were out late last night."

"Yeah, I figured you would be. That's why I decided to call you before you got up. You don't need to come in today, you just enjoy a day off, okay?"

That made Jisung sit up a little. "Are you sure? A new shipment is supposed to come in at some point, isn't it?"

"If it comes in today, it can wait to be moved and unpacked until tomorrow."

"And dinner tonight? Are we still doing that?"

"No, I have a few things to take care of with my daughter, I'm sorry about that. It didn't come up until recently and I haven't been able to cancel."

Jisung was relieved about skipping work, only because he desperately wanted to go back to sleep. But he was a little sad about missing dinner. Beth's cooking was to die for. "That's okay, I'm not going to throw a fit about missing dinner, even though I want to."

Beth chuckled. "Yes, pout all you want. By the way... is Minho with you?"

Of course, Jisung's face heated at the tone lacing her question. "What? No, no, you have the wrong idea, we weren't up late because of that. Good grief, Beth," he muttered, rubbing his eyes with one hand.

"Hey, I may be old, but I'm not clueless. I know what can happen at the end of a date, Ji."

"This is an extremely weird thing to talk to you about."

"Oh come on, who else are you going to gossip with? I'm the one you tell everything to, aren't I? And I'm not a schoolgirl, I can hear about things like that without giggling and feeling scandalized."

Jisung's jaw dropped as he listened to her ramble, and he laughed in slight disbelief. "So what, you're my girly pop bestie?"

"Yes, exactly. Girl... girly pop bestie. That's what I am."

Jisung face-palmed as a laugh shook out of his chest. "Oh, I love you, you weirdo."

She only laughed along with him. "I love you too, deary. Now get some sleep so you're not grumpy, and I'll see you tomorrow, okay? I'll expect a full report of your date."

"I'll tell you everything first thing tomorrow over coffee, how's that?"

"Perfect. Okay, I'll see you later. Have a good day, my boy."

"You too."

After hanging up with Beth, Jisung flopped back onto his bed and passed out right away.

He made himself get up after ten, and he took his time making himself some pancakes. The thought of inviting Minho over for some popped into his head, but by now he was probably gone for the day. He usually left between eight or nine. So breakfast alone it was.