Beth's perspective

Beth couldn't help smiling every time her boy Jisung entered the library in a whirlwind of clothes and books. He was a disaster until he got to work, but she found it incredibly endearing. And she loved it even more as he seemed to have more energy these days. Ever since he became friends with that boy, Minho, it was clear how much he was enjoying life lately.

And Beth couldn't be more happy for him. From what she'd observed so far, Minho was an amazing man, funny and considerate with the perfect sprinkle of oddness. And boy, if it wasn't clear how much he really seemed to like Jisung.

One of the first times she noticed this was one of the times Minho visited the library during Jisung's working hours. He constantly glanced Jisung's way, and there were a few times that he just... stared at him in a way that would have made Beth blush if she was on the receiving end of it when she was young.

The times Jisung spoke of their activities, Beth had to fight the urge to argue with him and tell him they were dates. It was always Minho asking him places, and it never involved Minho's other friends.

To top off Beth's observations, she was expecting Jisung to head straight home after he clocked out today, but instead he made his way to a table in the corner of the front area and sat down on his phone for a few minutes. She continued helping a few students with questions they had, and by the time she had a moment to ask Jisung what he was doing, she saw exactly why he was there.

Minho was just setting his things down on the table, smiling down at Jisung as he told him something. He sat down after taking his jacket off, and the pair bent over a small book. Jisung had a small notepad and pen in his hands, and he nodded along with whatever the other boy was saying.

Beth beamed from where she sat at the front desk, loving the view of the two young love birds that refused to admit they were love birds. She was old, she could tell.

And she once had someone just like Jisung had Minho. It was another reason she loved observing them. It took her back to the time before she met her ex-husband, to the time she fell head over heels for a man she danced with only once.

Jisung was saying something, his eyes glued to the book on the table, finger tracing over pages. And Minho was staring at him, eyes warm and soft, as if Jisung was the only thing he could ever care to see.

Unable to help herself, Beth pulled her phone out and opened the camera the way Jisung had shown her how to. She snapped a picture just as Minho smiled at something Jisung said. Her heart melted, and she wished to smack Jisung and tell him to open his eyes.

But she wouldn't intervene with these boys. It was up to them to experience this story together. It was up to them to communicate, to feel these things for each other.

Things were slow at the moment, so Beth slowly got up from her stool and made her way back into the office to make some fresh coffee. She organized a few files. and then decided to offer the boys some coffee.

Jisung was laughing about something as Beth approached their table. "Okay, that would have been so bad if you didn't correct me on that. I could traumatize someone in this language if I'm not careful."

Minho shook his head, eyes crinkled in a smile as well. "This is why you learn. If you say anything embarrassing to me, it doesn't count because I'm your teacher."

"It's still embarrassing."

Beth cleared her throat. "I was wondering what you two were up to. Ji, are you learning Korean again?"

Jisung looked up at her, gaze fond and kind as always. "I am, actually. Minho offered to help me with it because he has nothing better to do."

Minho lightly smacked his arm. "Hey."