Without another word, I went inside, leaving him at the door. 

I laid in bed, and remembered all the terrible things about this place. It wasn't home anymore. In fact, it never was. I just wanted to get out of this place as fast as possible. 

The next day, I cancelled dinner with my friends and went back to Beacon Hills.

I walked through the front door and was surprised to see Scott, Stiles, and Isaac on the couch, watching tv.

"You're home early." Scott said.

"Yeah, well I couldn't stand being in that place for another minute." I said, going to my room.

After a while, Isaac came in.

"Are you okay?" He asked, taking a seat on the edge of my bed.

"I'm fine, I guess."

"What happened?"

I sighed.

"Long story short, Cody was a total douchebag. Or should I say wolfbag? And when-"

"Wait, he's a wolf? As in, werewolf?"

"Yeah. And then he tried to kiss me, but he got mad when I said no."

He looked at me, curiously.

"Why did you say no?" He asked.

I was surprised by his question. I was probably blushing like crazy by now.

"I, uh, um said that I had... feelings for someone else."

"Hmm and who might that be?" He asked, leaning in close.

I looked up at him.

"Um, you." I said, awkwardly.

He bit his lip, trying to hold back a smile. And in that moment, I stared into his eyes, taking in the anticipation of it all. I knew he wanted this just as badly as I did. And then it happened. 

 I'm not trying to sound cliche about the whole thing, but he was a damn good kisser. Even though it only lasted a few seconds, it was probably one of the most amazing things ever. When it was over, he wrapped his arms around my waist, and looked into my eyes.

"That was..." He began.

"Amazing." I said.

His lips curled into a smile, before he pulled me back for another kiss. 

"I've been wanting to do that for a while." He said.

"Me too." I told him, smiling back.

We talked for a while longer after that, but before he left, he had a serious look on his face.

"So there's one last thing I want to tell you." He said, taking a seat on my bed.

"Which is?"

"Well I'm not really sure how you're going to react. And honestly, I wish I didn't have to tell you, but Scott's making me, and-"

"Can you just shut up and tell me what's going on?"

He took a deep breath before speaking.

"There's a pack of alpha werewolves." He said.

"When are they coming?"

"That's the thing. They're already here."

"So what's the big deal about them?"

"Scott and I- we have to fight them."

"Wait, but they're alphas." 

"I know."

"But Isaac, they can kill you, for christ sake. You can't do this."

"We have to." He said, looking away. I could tell he was upset about this too.

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to."

"It's a loyalty thing, Emily. You wouldn't understand."

I looked down. I wish things were easier. I knew I wanted to be with him, but I didn't want all the werewolf stuff that came along with it. As much as I wanted to deny it, I just wish he was a normal guy. So I could have a normal relationship. But that wasn't possible. 

"What are you thinking?" He asked.

"I don't know... I just wish things could be easier."

"I know. If you'd come into my life earlier, I wouldn't have accepted the bite. But-"

"You accepted the bite?" I interrupted. "So you wanted to become a wolf?'

He smiled sadly and nodded.

"But I wasn't thinking of the consequences of it." He said.

"Hey, just promise me one thing." I said.

He looked up at me.

"Promise me that you'll be over again tomorrow. And that we'll get to do this again." I said.

"Do what?"

"This." I said, as I pulled him in for another kiss. He smiled.

"Scott and I will be fine tonight, okay? Don't worry." He said.

I smiled, telling myself that everything would be okay. Isaac and I were finally starting to happen, and if anything happened to him tonight, well......

LoveBites (Isaac Lahey Fan Fiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें