"I was upset. Emily's gone and- wait. There were no wounds?"

"They searched your entire body, and didn't even find a scratch. But the blood was yours."

I looked to my side. I know there was a wound. There had to be. I was bitten by a wolf for heavens' sake. But when I lifted up my shirt, there was nothing. Like my mom had said, not even a scratch.

Maybe I wasn't bitten. Maybe there was nothing in the woods. It was probably just a hallucination I had when I hit my head. But where did the blood come from? None of this was making sense. 

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"Yeah, but I- I could have sworn I was attacked by an animal. It looked like a wolf."

"Well you definitely hit your head, honey." She said, smiling. "If you were attacked by a wolf, you would have bite marks or wounds. Plus, there are no wolves in San Diego."

 Emily's POV

"So that's how it happened?" I asked.

He nodded.

"But it wasn't until the full moon that I knew what I was. These other wolves- there were about five of them- they locked me up. And it just happened. I turned." He replied. 

"Are you in their pack?"

"No. They were gone by morning. 

"You should come back with me to Beacon Hills. I can introduce you to my friends."

"Yeah, that would be cool."

We remained in silence for a while.

"So why did you come back?" He asked.

"My parents asked me to. My early decision letter from Yale came, and they wanted me to get it."

He didn't say anything, but just smiled instead.

"What?" I asked.

He pulled something out of his pocket. It was almost identical to mine.

"I got in too." He said.

 Before he went home, he walked me back to my door.

"You know I meant it." He said.

"Meant what?" 

"The letter. Every word." He said. "And I still do. I love you. And I always will. Through everything."

A part of me wanted to say it back. But a different part of me kept reminding me of the boy I left back in Beacon Hills.

He leaned in close to me, and I could feel his breath on my face. His eyes were staring intently at my lips. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer, but I pushed him back.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Things aren't the same, Cody."

"It's because of what I am, isn't it?"

 "No, it's not that. It's just.."

"There's someone else, isn't there?"

I didn't say anything. I just looked at him.

"Well don't you move on fast." He said, coldly.

"Well what was I supposed to do?  I knew that things would never be the same after I left. I was willing to accept that. But I have a new life. And you're still in love with the girl you met freshman year." I said. "But that girl is long gone. And she's never coming back."