Active

Before the ambush

Ruby's POV

We stopped to see a civilian truck stopped in front of us. Weiss looked at it.

Weiss: They seem to wave at us. Probably they need help.

(Y/N): ...

I noticed (Y/N) getting his assault rifle ready.

Winter: (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Yang, Weiss. Go check them out. Ask them what they need.

Yang: What? They are just normal people.

(Y/N): Do what I say.

They stepped out to check them.

(Y/N): Ruby, Blake. Lean out and cover.

We listened to (Y/N). I took Crescent Rose on sniper mode and aimed at the persons waving to Weiss and Yang.

Ruby: Are you sure about this?

(Y/N): Yes...

I watched Weiss and Yang talk with the people... It seems to escalate to discussion... one of the men drew a weapon. (Y/N) quickly shot at the first attacker.

(Y/N): Ambush!

More armed people appeared from behind that truck. (Y/N) and Blake got out of our vehicle and assisted Yang and Weiss. We got out of the vehicle. Winter seems to summon a Grimm with her Glyphs.

Winter: Quick, let's cover them!

Ruby: Roger!

Suddenly, a skull-masked guy attacked Winter. He appears to use Glyphs. How?

Winter: You... Taskmaster!

Taskmaster: Let's see if the general can keep up.

Taskmaster summoned a Grimm to counter Winter's.

Winter: So you are going to use my Glyphs against me? Did somebody hire you to kill us?

Taskmaster: Ha! Not really, but there's a bonus in that. I'm here to retrieve someone.

I went to attack him. He used his sword to block me.

Ruby: You are late!

Taskmaster: I'm not talking about the one in the mines.

He used a black Glyph to stop (Y/N).

Taskmaster: You will have a better use if you serve SPEAR.

(Y/N) threw his shield at Taskmaster, but he imitated the move and did the same move with his own shield.

Taskmaster: Winter Soldier. It's time to wake up.

(Y/N) quick draws his handgun and shoots at Taskmaster, making him lose control of the Glyphs.

Taskmaster: You cannot stop the change. After all, I've memorized the words.

(Y/N) quickly picks up his shield and tries to ram Taskmaster. Taskmaster imitated the attack.

(Y/N): Don't let him talk!

Taskmaster: Longing, Rusted, Seventeen.

I used my semblance to help (Y/N). I tried to slash Taskmaster. He dodged, but I managed to shoot him.

Taskmaster: Daybreak, Furnace, Nine.

(Y/N) used his metal arm, he managed to hit and push Taskmaster back. So, I kept shooting at Taskmaster.