That made my heart hurt. But I didn't want to give it too much of a reaction that would make Zadie more uncomfortable. While I don't have all the details of Zadie's story, her model profile reveals a significant amount. To me... Similarly, Brielle's situation, with her guardian serving as her agent, speaks volumes.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked, brushing a stray curl of hair from her forehead.

She nodded, her eyes fluttering closed for a moment before meeting mine with a sleepy smile. "Mmm, yes," she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper.

As I released her from our embrace, she settled onto a stool at the kitchen island, blinking away the last remnants of sleep. "Zadie, this is Carmen. La mia madrina." I introduced the two.

"Hi, Zadie. It's very nice to me you" nicely greeted her, she walked over to Zadie and wrapped her into a hug all while giving me a questioning look. "Nice to meet you too" Zadie responded.

"Farfalla, we have to be at the heliport in about an hour and thirty. Why don't you go get dressed and make sure all your things are packed.." She simply nodded, "Okay" and tiptoed back upstairs.

"She's so sweet" I turned to Carmen. She gave me a look, "we will most definitely be having a chat later." As her phone vibrated with an email "Oh gosh" she exclaimed.

"What is it?"

"I forgot to do something at the office. I'm going to run back and I'll meet you all at the heliport" She quickly grabbed her things and ran out the door.

I drank the last of my espresso, cleaned up my dish, and headed to get ready for my travels and work.

Brielle POV

I woke up excited to talk to harmonie. Tia was still sleeping so I slipped out of bed to go get dressed. I went to my room to pick out something comfortable to wear. Eh, I just grabbed my pink Essentials hoodie and sweatpants along with my pink Ron English Crocs and the necklace Zadie got me for my birthday.

I stopped to look at myself in the mirror. "Cute.. super comfy" I whispered to myself. I went to see if Tia had woken up, peeking into my mom's room and she was still sound asleep.

I tiptoed to her side of the bed, "Tia" I wiggled her shoulder, she didn't wake so I wiggled her shoulder again this time a bit stronger, "tiiaaa" I exclaimed as her head popped up. "whhhaaattt Mija?" She drawled full of exhaustion. "I'm about to head to harmonie's," I told her, her eyes began to flutter open, "Okay okayyyy, I'll drive you" She started climbing out of bed. "No, it's okay Tia. Get your rest. I'll walk and take the train" She lifted her head off of the pillow underneath her. "Okay, Mija but you better let me know when you've made it."

"Okay," I assured her, I kissed her cheek and headed out the front door. I figured on my way to harmonie's I would stop at the bodega to get her favorite breakfast sandwich and a few of her favorite snacks. My favorite bodega was a 2-minute walk so it didn't take me long to get there. I pulled open the door.

"Ahhh, Brielle! You haven't been in, in a while" Mr. Simons stated as I approached his counter. "Yeah, I know.. I was out of the country with my family. Annddd guess what?" I smiled, and he gave me a pondering look "mhmm, what?" He asked giving a warm smile.

"I TURNED FOURTEEN!" I danced and danced around the bodega as he cheered "Wooohoooo! You're getting up there girl! Hey, whatever you get is on me!"

"Oh no, I just came to get harmonie breakfast and some snacks." He shrugged his shoulder, "Well that's okay, harmonie's breakfast and snacks are on me and I'll get you next time! Yeah"

I shook my head with a slight giggle, "Okay Mr. Simons! That's fine. I want to get harmonie a Huevos Rancheros breakfast sandwich, extra jalapeño" he walked towards his electric countertop griddle. "One Huevos Rancheros sandwich with extra jalapeños coming up!" While he began making harmonie's sandwich, I wandered the store in search of a few of her favorites.