A break

Abhimanyu finally managed to tear his eyes from Aarohi's retreating figure and entered into the hospital. Upon seeing him, the watchman quickly phone called Harshavardhan to inform him.

Harsh: Okay! I'll be there as soon as possible! Don't let him leave!

Harsh then looked at his brother and nodded his head. Turns out that the Birlas have teamed up to bring Abhimanyu back home. Anand and Harsh went in one car. Harsh has also asked the watchman to inform him, if Abhimanyu came to the hospital. Neil and Parth has went in a second car in the opposite direction. Mahima and Shefali were busy pacifying a panicking Manjari. Nishta was away on a school trip.

Anand took a U-turn and sped the car, they need atleast 25 more minutes to reach the Birla hospital.
_________________________

*Goenka House*

A frustrated Akshara broke down crying loudly. The Goenkas rushed to check on her.

Manish: What happened Akshu?

Suhasini immediately hugged her and the others were equally worried.

Kairav: Akshu! If you don't tell us what's the issue, then how will we know what's wrong?

Akshara tried to bring her breathing under control and failed to do it for some more minutes. When she calmed down for a bit, she immediately showed her phone and said

Akshara: *in tears* Abhimanyu wants to end things with me. He has sent me an email apologizing for everything. He stated that he's rethinking his love for me and all of his actions.

The Goenkas: *shocked* What?!

Manish angrily snatched Akshara's phone and saw the email himself. Akshara continued to weep from Suhasini's embrace.

Manish: *furious* Definitely Aarohi must have poisoned Abhimanyu's mind.

Suwarna: What are you even saying, Manishji?! Aaru left us all. We don't know where she is? How she is? she is also our Kartik's daughter! Yet we failed her badly! Now you're blaming her for Abhimanyu's decision?

Akshara looks on.

_________________________

*Aarohi's hostel*

As soon as Aarohi reached her hostel room, she let herself to break down.

Aarohi (in her mind): Aarohi gather yourself! Abhimanyu has already rejected you twice. Today he just elaborated how he fell for Akshara. And you've rejected him too. Then why the hell are you crying?? You're an idiot! Stop crying!

Aarohi then angrily wiped her tears away, took her phone in determination and checked the schedule to find out who was allotted night shift today. Turns out it was Dr. Rohan.

Aarohi (in her mind): I was already planning to take a break for sometime from the next week onwards. Now I just need to inform Dr. Rohan to change my leave request to tomorrow's date. Yes! That's it! I'll have a much needed break and then the next time I see Abhimanyu, I'll not let anything from the past bother me.

Aarohi quickly called Dr. Rohan to ask for help, which he accepted to do it for her.
_________________________

*Birla hospital - Abhimanyu's cabin*

Abhimanyu wiped his tears away. It's for Akshara's own good, he told himself. After openly admitting to Aarohi that he fell for Akshara for her voice, something inside of Abhimanyu snapped. Did he really named calming his mind through a song as love for the owner's voice? Already he's feeling let down by Akshara for not standing up with him and for them. If these feelings prolonged both of them will suffer in a strained relationship. So it is for everyone's good as so Abhimanyu told himself. He also wrote a letter for his family apologizing to them for all his deeds and informing them about a much needed break he's going to take. He kept the letter in the centre of his table and placed a paperweight on it. He then booked himself a cab from his hospital computer. Although the thought of stepping out of the hospital now at night is sending chills down his spine, he has absolutely nothing to say to anyone be it his family or the Goenkas. He's not ready to face anyone. Leaving his phone behind at home is slowing down his plan by a bit. After the cab was successfully booked and due to arrive in a couple of minutes. He then sighed and took his stethoscope to check his patient scheduled to discharge tomorrow.

*Patient's room*

Abhimanyu: I'm sorry for disturbing you this late at night Mr. Kunal, I have to go somewhere tomorrow which is overlapping your discharge.

Kunal: No problem doctor. Infact I'm grateful that you've remembered me in your busy schedule.

Abhimanyu: *smile* It's my duty, Mr. Kunal.

After wishing his patient a healthy recovery, Abhimanyu walked towards the main exit only to see Harsh and Anand speed walking in his direction. As Abhimanyu saw them first, he managed to snap out and quickly hide himself. Abhimanyu's mind supplied that they are definitely coming in search of him as there were no emergency in the hospital currently. So who outed his location to his family? The watchman perhaps?  Just as he turned to sneakily check whether his tauji and sir has left or not. Dr. Rohan gave Abhimanyu a very bad jumpscare.

Dr. Rohan: Sir! Why are you hiding like this?

Afraid of being caught, Abhimanyu quickly whisked Rohan off and covered his mouth.

Rohan made muffled noise and Abhimanyu shushed him. As soon as the coast was clear, he released Rohan.

Abhimanyu: *raising eyebrows* What're you doing this late at the hospital, Dr. Rohan?

Rohan: *utterly confused* Sir, I'm on night duty today.

Abhimanyu takes a good look at Rohan and hatches a plan.

Abhimanyu: Where's your overcoat Dr. Rohan? You are roaming the hospital in a hooded shirt without your coat in duty hours! That's punishable!

Rohan was now getting scared and tried to come up with an excuse.

Rohan: *stammering* S... Sir... Actually.. I...

Abhimanyu: It's okay Dr. Rohan. I excuse for this time, but....

Rohan: Yes.. Tell me Sir?

Abhimanyu: Trade your shirt with me!

Rohan: *wide eyes* What sir??

Abhimanyu: *impatiently* You heard me right, Dr. Rohan!

Abhimanyu then takes his shirt off and waits a bit for Rohan, but poor soul was still lost on what's going on.

Abhimanyu: *half joking* Have some shame Dr. Rohan! Why are you ogling your senior like this!

Rohan quickly snapped out of his thoughts and took his shirt off to trade with Abhimanyu.

Abhimanyu: *pulling the hood on* Thanks Dr. Rohan.

Rohan scratched his head confusingly and went on his way to update Aarohi's leave date.
_________________________

Dear readers, thank you so much for voting my work 💟.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
POLL RESULTS:

1st Option  - Negative, full of vengeance Akshara trope won.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨