Shortcoming

THE PAST

Abhinav was worried sick as Arnav has not yet returned from his walk. In their college, students can roam freely inside the campus without any restriction 24*7. Abhinav sighed and decided to go search for his twin. Though Abhinav searched all their usual spots, there were no trace of his twin. A chill went through his spine, is it the moment Abhinav is going to confront his twin for taking drugs. Abhinav was so tempted to stop his search and head back to his room. But he taunted himself for trying to escape the reality. So Abhinav continued his search in the shady parts of their campus.

Arnav was still not satisfied after causing immense pain to Abhimanyu. Also to stay safe, Arnav abused and psychologically tortured Abhimanyu further to keep his mouth shut. As Arnav knew that the Birlas can ruin his future. So traumatizing Abhimanyu some more will be a good thing, as so he thought to himself.

Abhinav has searched 3/4 of the campus and by god's grace he walked past the janitor's room. He heard a muffled yet painful cries of someone. Abhinav's heartbeat ringed in his ears, with all the courage he could mutter he peeked in the windows only to witness a horrible sight that will forever be etched into his eyes. As soon as Abhinav regained his senses, he furiously broke into the janitor's room.

Abhinav: You monster! Why are you torturing him?

Arnav: Abhi I'm your twin! How can you say such a thing?!

Abhinav: You're no more my Bhai! What have you done to this poor guy. Get away from him.

Abhinav furiously grabbed Arnav and threw him away from a hyperventilating Abhimanyu.

Arnav: His kind killed our parents.

Abhinav: What the hell! Even if he caused our parents death, we could have taken the legal route against him. Why are you torturing him Bhai? Why? For God's sake we're studying to become doctors! How can you be this inhuman?

Arnav: No he did not cause the accident. But his kind did. This Abhimanyu is the richest student in our college. You know Abhi I hate rich people.

Abhinav was shell shocked to the core. His twin literally tortured an innocent.

Abhinav: You are a monster! That's what you are!

Abhinav screamed at Arnav with all his might and after facing the hate of his twin, reality finally dawned on Arnav and he left the premises.

Abhinav was crying hysterically in shock and anger. And after a couple of minutes, he slowly turned towards Abhimanyu. His attention was drawn towards his severely deformed fingers, Abhinav knew that he need to fix them to their original position as soon as possible. As Abhinav took few steps towards Abhimanyu, he noted the various drugs laying around. Abhinav has two options now, he can either take Abhimanyu to the emergency ward or he can help Abhimanyu himself. If he takes Abhimanyu to the emergency ward people will investigate what happened and there are high chances for his twin to get arrested and Abhinav will loose him forever. This is the biggest sin, Abhinav has ever did and he's absolutely willing to rot in hell for this as he chose to deny Abhimanyu his justice.

Abhinav did not remove the cloth gag from Abhimanyu, as he corrected his finger positions. Abhimanyu's pain was immeasurable and a part of Abhinav died within himself. Abhimanyu finally lost his consciousness, as his poor body could not take anymore pain. Abhinav then patched Abhimanyu as good as he can and finally untied him and removed the cloth gag. Fresh set of tears rolled from Abhinav's eyes and he hugged Abhimanyu tightly.

Abhinav: I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry for whatever my twin did to you! I don't even know who you are, just now my twin called you as Abhimanyu. I'm sorry Abhimanyu! Please God heal all his wounds and give all the happiness of life to him. Please God be with Abhimanyu forever and take good care of him. Please God help him to recover from this. Please God send me to hell for denying justice to Abhimanyu. I'm sorry Abhimanyu.

Abhinav then slowly lifted an unconscious Abhimanyu and settled him in place where the security will take their rounds in a few minutes. Abhinav turned to look one last time at Abhimanyu and promised himself that he'll take his twin far away so that he could never hurt this poor guy.

But Abhinav got the punishment for denying justice to a poor man. How can a victim even recieve justice from a dead person? As a heartbroken Abhinav after helping Abhimanyu found his twin died of overdose.
_________________________

THE PAST - Abhimanyu's POV

After the security gaurds located him, they brought him to the emergency ward and his family was informed of the issue. That same night another student died by drug overdose. All the bruises and his broken fingers were concluded as self inflicted under the influence of drugs. Because Abhimanyu was confused, scared and utterly humiliated by what he went through, so he refused to talk about anything regarding the night. His family was disappointed in him. Later when he recognised that the student who died is the one who tortured him. Abhimanyu did not know what to feel. He was ashamed of his own helplessness and started going into a shell. He was brought to the reality only after his father lost his patience with him. Abhimanyu held his cheeks and looked at his father tearfully.

Abhimanyu was traumatized to the extent of developing a phobia. Yet he spoke nothing about the night. His family's influence protected his name in the college. So Abhimanyu's recovery period absence was just known as rich people get away even to the college professors. Abhimanyu did not feel safe anywhere, but he's also afraid to leave the campus. What if someone new tried to hurt him again. Abhimanyu was scared, he shed silent tears because of his trauma. But soon his brain started to blur his pain. Abhimanyu completed his UG, PG and his speciality course from the same college as he atleast he knew that the one who tortured him is no more.

_________________________

Dear readers, thank you so much for voting my work 💟