Clash of Ego

As soon as Aarohi stated that she'll fight for herself, she quickly left from the temple and went to the Goenka house. There she changed into some casual wear and was in the middle of removing her makeup when her brothers barged into her room. Both Kairav and Vansh tried to pacify her anger, but she kicked them out of the room. Aarohi then packed her things and left the house once and forever.

Aarohi rented a cab for few hours and started looking for a good working women's hostel. When she found a suitable one near Birla hospital, she quickly got admission in it. After unloading all her belongings into her new room, she paid the cab driver and went to organise her new room. Lunch time rolled over, though the hostel provided food and refreshments daily, Aarohi decided to celebrate her standing up for herself. This hostel is just across the street of Birla Hospital. Aarohi confidently walked to the restaurant opposite to the Birla Hospital. What the hell were everyone thinking? Just because Abhimayu broke his promise, it will not reduce Aarohi's self esteem. She will not resign her internship, if the Birla's tried to harm her internship, she'll sue them too. Aarohi munched her fries angrily. Just then some of the employees of the Birla hospital also came there for lunch.

Staffs: Dr. Aarohi! What are you doing here? Aren't you marrying Dr. Abhimanyu Birla today?

Aarohi:  Dr. Abhimanyu Birla ran away with my step sister.

Staffs: What? Why?

Aarohi: Because those lovebirds decided to confess their love at last minute.

Staffs: Are you alright Dr. Aarohi?

Aarohi: Why won't I be?  I'm not at fault here.

Just then Aarohi recieved a call from the police station. As Aarohi has completed her lunch, she excused herself to attend the call. The staffs were astonished by Aarohi's confidence and strength.

Aarohi: Hello sir.

Inspector: Dr. Aarohi you need to come to the station to give your statement. The Birla's lawyer has finished the bail procedure for Dr. Abhimanyu.

Aarohi: Okay sir, I'll be there.
_________________________

At the police station.

The Birlas and Goenkas were waiting for Aarohi to resolve the issue. When Aarohi reached the police station,

Manish: *angrily* Aarohi look at the consequence of your action.

Aarohi: The consequence are as sweet as honey Mr. Manish Goenka.

Mimi: Aarohi! You should not call your elders by name.

Aarohi sighed.

Aarohi: I came here to give my statement so don't interfere me.

Akshara: Aaru! I'm sorry! I accept this is all my fault, but please 🥺

Aarohi paid her no heed and went near the Inspector's table.

Aarohi: Sir, please tell me the procedures.

Now the Birlas entered into the picture.

Anand: Aarohi beta! We're really very sorry for what Abhimayu did! But please can we resolve this without legal charges?!

Mahima: Yes, Aarohi. We're ready to compensate however you wish. But going on a legal route will damage the hospital's reputation.

Manjari: I'm sorry beta. Please forgive us for what Abhi did.

Aarohi: I accept that this will damage the hospital reputation. Then what about me? I'm not bound to answer any unwanted questions. Then why am I even put in a place where everyone can make fun of me! Why the hell should I even explain to everyone that my fiancé ran away with my stepsister on my wedding day! If I'm going to be subjected to such humiliation without my fault, then why should I leave Dr. Abhimanyu Birla without a fight! Answer me!

Harshavardhan: Are you willing to continue your internship at the Birla hospital?

Aarohi: If you people terminate me without proper reason I'll sue you all for that too!

Harshavardhan: No you are not going to get terminated!

Aarohi: Then what? Are you trying to bribe me with any offer? If so, my answer is no sir!

Harshavardhan: No Aarohi! I'm not trying to bribe you. But I'm offering you a solution. The most unwanted questions you'll face are from the Birla hospital or even outside the hospital, if anyone asks you anything, or speaks indirectly bad of you, all you've to do is call Abhimanyu and make him confess his deeds.

All were shocked by Harshavardhan's suggestion.

Abhimanyu: What I won't do such a thing!

Aarohi weighed her options. If she sue Abhimanyu now, it will be forgotten within a couple of months. But making him confess his crimes will be hilarious and will greatly reduce her the unwanted questions she has to face.

Aarohi: That's quite fitting punishment. And I'll be free from unwanted questions Sir. But what if Dr. Abhimanyu Birla is not available, when I call him.

Abhimanyu: I won't do such a thing! Sir, how can you commit me to such rubbish!

Harshavardhan: Did you ask us before you ran away? Dr. Aarohi, if Abhimayu is not available at the moment, all you have to do is to make a note of the person taunting you and Abhimayu will talk with them later without fail.

Aarohi: What about the one who ran away with my fiancé? Why should she escape the consequences?

Akshara was shocked at Aarohi's statement.

Manish: Our Akshu would do no such thing!

Aarohi: But she's also working as a music therapist in the Birla hospital.

Harshavardhan: Yes, if she wants to marry Abhimanyu who she claims to love, why not share his burden?

The Goenkas declared that Akshara would not work in the Birla hospital anymore and they start to bash Aarohi for eagerly humiliating Abhimanyu.

Aarohi: Answer them Dr. Abhimanyu! Why am I causing them unwanted trouble?

Abhimanyu looked at Aarohi with wide eyes. Everyone was shocked by Aarohi's guts. Aarohi smirked.

Aarohi: Mr. Birla, I trust your word about your son and I'm taking my leave. So don't make me change my mind to sue your son.

Aarohi walked away from the police station like a Queen for the second time on a single day.

_________________________

*A couple of days later*

Abhimanyu's guilt was overbearing. The consequence of his action finally hit him like a ton of bricks. From the bottom of his heart, he wanted to apologise to Aarohi. He was also deeply affected as how Akshara easily backed out from the issue just because her family said so. Was he not important for her? Will she not be there to take part in the ups and downs of life? Abhimanyu wondered why he chose to runaway leaving such a daring girl? Yes, Abhimanyu was very much impressed with Aarohi's guts, her boldness and everything. But his Ego will never let him appreciate Aarohi. But he could apologise for what he did to her! So Abhimanyu quickly called Aarohi before he could change his mind.

Aarohi was brushing her teeth, when her phone rang. She was surprised to see the caller ID. Usually she was the one to call Abhimanyu as per his punishment. But curiosity got the better of her and so she picked up.

Aarohi: Hello!

Abhimanyu: Sorry.

Abhimanyu quickly cut the call and hid his face in the pillows. He felt embarrassed of his action. His breath speed up like he has completed a marathon. He hopped out of his bed and started pacing his room. But Abhimanyu's restlessness grew with each passing second.

Abhimanyu: Oh God! Why am I feeling like a teenager who made confession to his crush?!!? Damn it! Dr. Aarohi Goenka!!

_________________________

Dear readers, thank you so much for voting my work 💟.

12/02/2024 (Monday)
To all my dear readers who cheered me to continue this story, I was gearing up for an open/unambiguous ending but I'll definitely update this story if anything sparked in me regarding this book 💟