Agony

THE PAST

Arnav gave into his inhuman urge to hurt Abhimanyu that night after he left for a walk informing his twin. Arnav quickly tracked Abhimanyu down at the inbuilt gym as he knew Abhimanyu's schedule by heart.
Arnav slipped in a pill inside Abhimanyu's water bottle. Was he this obsessed with Abhimanyu, that he knew which water bottle belonged to him? Arnav wondered.

Then Arnav quietly exited the venue and waited for Abhimanyu. Within couple of minutes, the effects of drugs made Abhimanyu dizzy. Abhimanyu thought that he was exhausted. So he decided to call it a night. But walking felt like a huge task for Abhimanyu, as his legs are giving out constantly. With great difficulty, Abhimanyu made it out. But as soon as he stepped outside, the humidity in the air shot an another round of nausea. Before Abhimanyu finally gave out, a pair of arms supported him.

Arnav: Dude, Are you okay?

Abhimanyu: I'm fine.

Arnav: No you are not!

Abhimanyu: I just overworked in the gym, so I'm just going to sleep it off.

Arnav: Dude, I'm also a medical student. And I'm damn sure this is not a normal exhaustion. Comeon I'll help you to make it to the Outpatient's ward and after you were cleared to go, I'll help you to reach your room.

Abhimanyu know that as a medico, he'll also do the same for anyone in need of medical assistance. So he accepted Arnav's offer and thanked him.

Arnav: Let's take the route via the janitor's room. It's the shortest.

Though Abhimanyu's brain wondered, how going exactly going in the opposite direction of the Outpatient ward is declared as the shortest. He could not bring himself to voice out his thoughts as his brain was becoming fuzzy with each passing second.

Too bad, as they never made it to the Outpatient ward. Arnav deliberately has chosen this spot as there were no cctv footage in the Janitor's room and who'll decide to check on Janitor's room at late night.

So Arnav spent the next couple of hours torturing Abhimanyu. Arnav drugged his victim with heavy dosage, but he made sure that Abhimanyu will never loose his consciousness. Arnav took his sweet time breaking all of a bound Abhimanyu's fingers one by one. The pain was so severe that a drugged Abhimanyu could not even gather any strength to scream for help.

Abhimanyu: *crying* Why are you doing this to me? What did I ever do to you? I don't even know who you are? Please let me go!!

Arnav: On the orientation day, as you were the top rank holder of Neet UG examination, you were asked to give a speech. Do you remember what you said? Answer me.

Arnav twisted a broken finger.

Arnav: Answer me dammit!!!!

Abhimanyu: Aahhh! Please let me go!

Arnav: I said answer me not to beg me! You shameless sh*t.

Abhimanyu: *crying* I said that I wanted to top my UG also and opt to become a surgeon and specialize in Cardiothoracic surgery. Please let me go! What did I even do to you?

Arnav: Well rich boy l just want to ruin your life. I'll make sure that your hand will be deformed forever. Forget about surgery, you'll never be able to use your hands for anything. You'll be just as pathetic like your useless hands.

The terror ran through Abhimanyu's veins made him scream the loudest in utter horror. Arnav than shoved a waste piece of cloth inside Abhimanyu's mouth. Abhimanyu's struggle continued in his bounds.

_________________________

THE PRESENT

Ever since his family mentioned the word "college", Abhimanyu became spiralling. His body shivered though his attacker lost his life shortly to drug overdose after torturing Abhimanyu. He could not forget the night. His memories haunted him periodically. After his attacker deformed all his fingers, Abhimanyu begged for mercy behind his gag. But the effects of drugs in his system made a show of his attacker fighting with himself.

Little did Abhimanyu knew that it was his Attacker's twin, who turned out to be his saviour.

Abhimanyu suffered from nightmares of that night. He's also afraid of the dark and got diagnosed with worst case of Nyctophobia.

Meanwhile downstairs,
Mahima: See the result of all your over pampering Manjari, Abhimanyu has become a spoilt brat. You are not far behind in fault Harsh.

Harsh: I raised my hands on him one single time after he broke all his fingers under the influence of drugs, till now he has not called me Papa but calls me as sir. What can I do more? I wanted to have a loving relationship with my son, is it too much too ask for?

Manjari: Don't blame Harshji, Didi! It's all my fault.

Anand: Stop blaming each other. Think about the matter in our hand. Abhimanyu is the future of our Birla hospital. Neither Parth nor Neil has shown any interest to become a doctor. Nishta is still in school. So it's obvious that Abhimanyu is our only heir now and think of ways to make him responsible.

Mahima: I don't think that as long as Manjari is pampering him, he'll correct his attitude.

Manjari: Then I'll send him away from me till he'll realise his mistakes.

Anand and Harsh: What?!

_________________________

Dear readers, thank you so much for voting my work 💟