Two way lane

THE PAST

Abhinav Sharma and his twin Arnav Sharma are polar opposites. Destiny was really very cruel with them as they ended up in orphanage after the untimely death of their parents in a car accident. But the twins with their determination succeeded in academics with flying colours. They both got into the same medical College as of Abhimanyu Birla as his batchmates. Even though Abhimanyu Birla got into the medical College on merit basis, Arnav hated Abhimanyu with a great passion, because of the Birla's background. For him, Abhimanyu was the rich brat who gets served with everything and anything he wanted. Arnav despised rich people with an enormous intensity. As a rich drunk A-hole was the main culprit for his parents death. And currently Abhimanyu Birla is the one with most financial background, all the pent up hate in Arnav's heart was directed towards Abhimanyu.
Abhinav Sharma did not know the ill feelings harboured in his twin's soul. Abhinav was a kind, naive boy.

Both Abhimanyu Birla and Abhinav Sharma are hardworking young men. So they never really spent time with their batchmates. For Abhinav, his twin was his everything. Abhinav and Abhimanyu did not even know, who's studying in the same class as of them. Soon enough Abhimanyu fell prey to the hate of Arnav Sharma. All the medical students mostly opt to reside within the campus dorms for easy access to libraries. Their college also have an inbuilt gym, which was the next safe haven for Abhimanyu other than the Library. After making a keen note on Abhimanyu's daily schedule, Arnav's hand itched with something borderline pure evil. Arnav could not suppress these feelings to hurt Abhimanyu in any form.

Not anymore. I can't anymore. I need to hurt him really bad. Arnav though to himself. Arnav closed his book and dropped it in the table with a thud.

Abhinav: You good Bhai?!

Arnav: No I'm not.

Abhinav now gave his full attention to Arnav.

Abhinav: *concerned* What happened? Are you missing Mumma and Papa?

Arnav: *grits his teeth* How can I not Abhi? They would have been with us if not for that b*stard! We lost everything!

Abhinav: Please don't talk like that! You still have me Bhai, we are enough for each other. Together we'll become great doctors and serve the poor.

Arnav sighed. His twin will get a heart attack if he ever came to know about Arnav's inner demons. So Arnav faked a smile for his twin and said that he needed some fresh air. Though Abhinav wanted to stop his twin from going on a walk this late at night, he know that Arnav can only roam inside the campus as the students cannot exit the campus late night without prior permission.

Abhinav has so many questions to ask his twin, but he's afraid of the answers he'll get. The Sharma twins worked many part-time jobs after ending up in an orphanage. As they wanted to save every penny to support themselves even after securing a good student scholarship. Abhinav noted a considerable amount disappearing from their savings. But he did not question his twin. Abhinav noted strange little packets safely hidden in their shared dorm, but he did not question his twin. Abhinav was scared as hell of the answers he'll get.

As a medical student, Abhinav knew all the ill effects of drugs on humans. But he's damn sure that his twin is not an addict. As there are no major changes in Arnav. So Abhinav was unknowingly delaying to confront his twin. It was Abhinav's trauma of losing their parents, that is stopping him from questioning his twin.

_________________________

THE PRESENT

As soon as Abhimanyu cut the call after saying sorry, Aarohi kept blankly staring at her phone. The hurt inside Aarohi was screaming that Abhimanyu's faking his apology. But the lost love for her ex fiancé wanted her to accept Abhimanyu's apology.

Love?! Aarohi huffed to herself. She reprimanded herself by saying that it was her stupid childish dream for a prince charming. Yes, mostly everyone in the world has a dream for an ideal partner in their childhood. After the passing of Kartik and Sirat, Aarohi felt a loneliness wave like never before. Her little heart did not even know that loneliness like this even existed. It was no hidden secret that she was the least loved grandchild. Though the tough persona Aarohi pulled infront of everyone was a huge success, her little heart ached for someone to love her. She was old enough to understand that her parents will never return. So she dreamt of a prince charming. Her prince charming was a successful young man. Her prince charming was a handsome young man. Her prince charming will be the top one in everything. Her wretched fate brought her in front of the one and only Dr. Abhimanyu Birla. It was not her fault that he fit the role of her dream guy perfectly. Aarohi scolded herself for thinking that something good will ever happen with her. Aarohi did not want to spare Abhimanyu for using her, but the affection and admiration she once had for Dr. Abhimanyu Birla swelled uncontrollably. Aarohi felt an ache like never before. Her eyes welled with unshed tears. Damn you Dr. Abhimanyu Birla.

At Birla house..
Abhimanyu was pacing his room with his inner dilemma growing loud and loud. But soon he found a temporary escape as he was called downstairs. All the elder Birlas were discussing something important.

Abhimanyu: Why you've called me downstairs Tauji?

Anand: Abhimanyu, our board of directors has suggested for a merge with an independent medical practitioner. Our team met him, last week and thought it will be good partnership. As that man is doing major works on poor communities.

Mahima: Though Birla hospital is treating many charity cases, merging with someone who's contributing wholey to the poor is a good catch.

Abhimanyu: That's great.

Abhimanyu smiled whole heartedly as he was a person with great serving tendency towards the poor.

Harsh: Here's the file on said doctor and you're going to welcome him. As it turns out you both started UG from the same college and he's also your age. So he might be your batchmate it seems!

Abhimanyu's face turned sour. He did not want to remember anything regarding his college days. So he rudely turned down his father and dashed back to his room. All the elder Birlas thought that, Abhimanyu is behaving this way because of them refusing to support Akshara and his alliance.

As soon as Abhimanyu entered his room, his mind blocked him from recalling the conversation he had downstairs. Instead he felt a wave of dizziness hit him. The most complicated thing in the world is a human mind. It'll block the hurt and supply us with ample of daydreams and fake soothings.
_________________________

Dear readers, thank you so much for voting my work 💟