The others seemed to be reminded of not so pleasant memories, and their faces turned sour.

"However, we're running out of time. Although it seems like it's almost over, if we can't find the truth about what happened in the inn..." Peng Haocang, in order to show his value in front of Gu Wuji, couldn't care less anymore, and spoke with a heavy tone, "The system never issues useless tasks. I guess if we can't find the truth, these ghosts will lose the restraint of rules and will kill us directly on the fifth day."

After all, today is already the third day, and we are supposed to stay for five days, meaning tomorrow is the last night we will be staying in this inn.

"Let's think of a plan tonight, see how we can lure that old woman away tomorrow. If it really doesn't work, we'll choose to go out at night. We still have one chance," Gu Wuji said.

In fact, Gu Wuji already had some ideas, but he felt that if he shared them, others might not agree, so he decided not to tell anyone and just take action tomorrow directly.

Hearing this, everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Actually, this was also a common thought among them; no one wanted to go out at night to investigate a haunted place.

Then everyone left the room, preparing to wash up and go to sleep. Gu Wuji also returned to his room, opened his backpack to take out clothes for changing.

But when he opened the backpack, he was suddenly met with a pair of red eyes, staring steadily at him from inside the backpack.

At this moment, the air around seemed to freeze—

Gu Wuji directly unzipped his backpack and took out the ghost infant, speaking to him, "What are you doing here so late? Aren't you afraid your parents will worry? Being so playful is not good, you know."

Probably only Gu Wuji would say something like this to a ghost infant.

However, when there was no murderous intent, the image of the ghost infant wasn't so terrifying. Apart from being too pale, he looked just like a normal, cute baby.

Upon hearing Gu Wuji's words, the ghost infant immediately made a whimpering sound and even wrapped his arms around Gu Wuji's arm.

Without speaking, Gu Wuji seemed to understand his meaning and took him into his arms.

"You said you've already talked to your mom and dad? And now you want to play with me?"

The ghost infant immediately nodded, happily lying in Gu Wuji's arms, clearly liking this gentle and pleasant-sounding big brother.

Gu Wuji seemed to imagine the reluctant faces of the two fierce-looking men and women in the kitchen.

He sighed, "Alright, then I'll take you with me, but you have to behave, or else I will ignore you."

Upon hearing that Gu Wuji might ignore him in the future, the ghost infant panicked, quickly changing his position to lie obediently in Gu Wuji's arms. Even the blood on his clothes disappeared, thoroughly showing his good behavior in all aspects.

Gu Wuji was surprised. Could clothes even change their appearance so conveniently?

At this moment, a scream came from the bathroom.

Gu Wuji rushed out with the ghost infant, and everyone else gathered around, only to see a girl standing in front of the restroom, panicked and looking at the others.

The water flowing out of the faucet was shockingly red, paired with the dim lighting and the already dilapidated facilities, it was a scene straight out of a horror movie.

"What, what should we do?" The girl was clearly scared out of her wits, "I just wanted to take a bath before it got dark, and then... this happened..."

"This is too terrifying," Gu Wuji's grave voice sounded, "If you really washed your clothes here without any precautions, it would be a vain effort."

He vividly remembered similar incidents from his school days, and those ghosts only liked to prank him, forcing him to wash several times.

The others: "..." Is that really the point here?!

The ghost infant in Gu Wuji's arms, upon seeing him upset, immediately gave a cold stare in the direction of the faucet.

The red flow from the faucet suddenly stopped without anyone touching the switch. This eerie scene made everyone very anxious, and then... they saw normal water flowing out vigorously.

"??? This faucet is fixed just like that?"

It was only when Peng Haocang, who was close by, noticed that Gu Wuji was actually holding a ghost baby in his arms. His face turned pale immediately, and he discreetly moved further away. "Xiao Gu, in your arms..."

Only then did the others see this horrifying scene. The girl, who was already scared, almost screamed out loud.

"Ah, this, it's nothing. He's very obedient and won't do anything. He's a good child," Gu Wuji said, while the ghost baby in his arms looked rather proud.

Peng Haocang: "..." What kind of development is this? Why is this ghost baby, who should be fierce and malevolent, so obedient in Gu Wuji's arms now!

He began to doubt his own guess about Gu Wuji's cunningness this morning... Actually, Gu Wuji might just be a kind-hearted person with a few screws loose!!

Seeing that the ghost baby was obedient and even looked really cute, completely not resembling any kind of fierce ghost, the other three were relieved. The girl even curiously stretched out her hand to touch it.

But before her hand could touch him, the ghost baby's eyes turned blood-red, and he roared at her as if to intimidate, scaring the girl into stepping back several steps.

"Weren't you supposed to be a well-behaved child?" Gu Wuji quickly reprimanded, "How can you be so impolite."

The ghost baby looked puzzled by Gu Wuji's scolding. To him, these humans seemed no different from bait, but since Gu Wuji was unhappy... Anyway, he just nodded obediently, looking very honest and well-behaved.

The others felt a chill down their spines, and at this point, they were completely afraid to stay in the same room as the ghost baby. They all said they had something to do and left first. After experiencing such an event, who would care about washing up? They were all afraid of ending up in a blood bath while showering.

Since no one was competing with him, Gu Wuji naturally went to take a bath. His professionalism as an actor made him feel that he must maintain his image everywhere, even in a horror game world.

The bathing process was very normal, nothing happened. Even the water that used to cut off from time to time and the light bulbs that flickered now and then remained stable, which made Gu Wuji very satisfied.

After the bath, Gu Wuji played with the ghost baby for a while, then returned to the restaurant and handed the still reluctant ghost baby to the waiter.

Even the waiter couldn't help but tremble when holding the ghost baby, looking at Gu Wuji's back with a shocked expression.

A night passed.

Gu Wuji woke up to the sound of commotion.

When he stepped outside, he was shocked to see the corridor splattered with fresh blood, as if someone had been chased and slashed with a sharp weapon while trying to flee.

The scenes shown to him by the female ghost previously flashed through Gu Wuji's mind.

Peng Haocang approached Gu Wuji with a grim expression. Although he didn't want to admit it, he felt safer near Gu Wuji...

Noticing that there were hardly any other people around, Peng Haocang hurriedly spoke up, "Xiao Xin, and one of the waiters, they... they're both dead."

Xiao Xin was the only girl among the remaining players.