Life is like pasta... messy but delicious

Comenzar desde el principio

Ironically, the couple had argued -quite intensely- about moving in with each other just days before the double-proposal. The date had been planned for over a week, so neither had the mind to cancel despite being upset with each other.

Minho wanted Jisung to move in with him, while the omega didn't want to move in or vice versa. Jisung seemed rather out of line with his argument, only saying they weren't ready to live together. But considering he was planning on getting on one knee for his mate in a matter of days, that was all he could come up with to hide his plans. His reasoning had become clear, however, when after the proposal he explained that he was putting off moving in because he wanted to find a new place with Minho. Together.

Now, a little over a week later, Jisung had finally officially met Mr. Lee, Minho's father. Of course, Mr. Lee knew about Jisung since they started dating, but he never cared to even try to meet his son's boyfriend. And the meeting today had been an utter disaster. Jisung's polite greetings and respectful actions were mostly disregarded, and Mr. Lee had even gone so far as to scowl when he realized Jisung was not very fluent in Korean.

Jisung shrank and shrank under that alpha's gaze, only feeling smaller the more Mr. Lee spoke of omegas and how utterly inconvenient they were, how an omega was not the 'best choice'  for his son and that their marriage was not approved by him.

Jisung didn't realize he was crying until he felt a tear roll down his face, and he only buried himself closer into Minho's chest. "Won't this cause issues? With your company and everything?"

"No issues that I can't handle," Minho assured confidently. "With Yu-Mi still off with no sign of coming back long-term, I'm the only hope the company and the pack have. And if  there is anyone that dares to say anything cross about you or our relationship, they will find themselves immediately unemployed.

"That's harsh."

"It's correct, you mean." Minho stepped back and hooked his finger under Jisung's chin, tipping his head up so their eyes would meet. "You, Han Jisung, are my top priority. You come first in any and all things, no matter the context." His thumb swiped one of Jisung's tears away. "Do I make myself clear?"

Jisung loved those eyes so very much, the soft yet determined look in them warming his heart and cushioning the needles of unworthiness that had jabbed their way into his skin. He leaned into Minho's hand. "Crystal clear."

"Good." Minho threaded his free hand into Jisung's hair. "I'll have a nice long chat with my father in the morning. He'll learn to respect you and our relationship, and if he doesn't, he'll be very uncomfortable for a long time."

"But Minho..." Jisung swallowed thickly, feeling as if he ate something very dry and had no water to wash it down. "Min, what if... what if your father is right?" The question was only natural considering the pool of black ink that was spilled into Jisung's clear water. "What if I slow you down or distract you?"

"Not possible." Minho suddenly grabbed Jisung's waist, hauling him up to sit on the kitchen counter while the alpha settled between his legs. "You see this?" he asked, gazing up at his mate and kissing his fingers.

Jisung, still caught off guard by the sudden change in standing, only nodded, watching the other carefully.

Minho's lips quirked. "You see this position? The way you are above me yet still holding me closely, looking at me like you'll never see me again if you look away too long?"

Despite not knowing where Minho was going with this, Jisung's heart was beginning to pick up in his chest, as if sensing the love his mate was about to pour out to him before it was even ready to spill. He nodded again.