Step Four: (Don't) Dream About Her

"Hello there, Angel." I say one day as I stop at her locker, same as every day so far. Except it's not. It's different.

"Hello, Mathew." Angelica replies simply with a small tilt of her head.

"So I was wondering if..." I fumble over my words, not knowing what I was planning on saying. 

Then I remember, and panic.

"Do you think, maybe, y'know, just if you have the time,"

"Yes...?" she says sweetly, and again, her voice completely melts me on the inside, letting me know everything will be okay, no matter what she says.

"Will you go to the Spring dance with me?"

"Why of course Mathew! I'd love to. Why don't we go on a date tonight, since the dance is a whole two weeks away?"

"That'd be... wonderful!" I said, then add quickly, "I'll plan it, I have the perfect spot!"

"Alrighty then! What time?" She asks.

"7:00 after school, right when the moon comes up and the sun goes down." I say, and she laughs the most beautiful laugh I have heard in my entire life.

"You sure your parents won't mind?" I ask, and she shakes her head.

"What, we won't be gettin' into trouble or anything, right?"

"No, of course not!" I assure real quick, and she laughs again.

"Oh don't you worry, I'm just kidding!"

"Oh, alright." I say, then, just for good leverage, "But I still won't be getting you into trouble, I swear it!"

So there we are, 4 hours later, Angel and I, sitting under the stars. Just imagine, the wind blowing perfectly as comets shoot past, yet all you can focus on are the stars in her eyes. I'll take her out for ice cream tomorrow, I promise myself. Tomorrow... I think, and get up off the ground, offering her a hand up, too. She takes it, and I get an idea.

"I'll walk you." I say, and start to lead her home.

"No, it's fine, your house is the other direction, ain't it?"

"Yeah, but I don't mind." I assure her.

"You sure?"

"Mhm!"

"Absolutely positive?"

"Absolutely positive."

"Alright..." she says, and I can tell she's enjoying this.

One we get to her front porch, I say, "This is where we part," and look into those gorgeous blue eyes that have the glory of Artemis painted inside them. Then, I lean in for a kiss.

She leans in as well, and...

I am rudely awoke to the sound of my alarm clock. I groan.

"Dammit I seriously thought that was real this time!"