➤ [𝐈𝐕] 𝘈 𝘗𝘶𝘯𝘬 𝘔𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘳 𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘈 𝘉𝘢𝘥𝘨𝘦 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘈 𝘎𝘶𝘯

Chapter 4Saturday November 5th, 2038 &Sunday November 6th, 2038

Chapter 4
Saturday November 5th, 2038 &
Sunday November 6th, 2038

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: ɢʀᴀᴘʜɪᴄ ᴅᴇᴘɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ᴏꜰ
ꜱᴛʀᴏɴɢ ʟᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇ...
ꜱᴛʀᴏɴɢ ᴅᴇᴘɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ᴏꜰ ɢᴏʀᴇ...
ʙʀɪᴇꜰ ᴅᴇᴘɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴏʟᴇɴᴄᴇ...

❝ 𝘈 𝘗𝘶𝘯𝘬 𝘔𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘳 𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘈 𝘉𝘢𝘥𝘨𝘦 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘈 𝘎𝘶𝘯 ❞

The trio arrived at the crime scene, the alternating flashes of red and blue from police car lights splintering through the darkness of the night. The glare illuminated the nosy neighbours, who gathered in clusters around the house like spectators at a morbid exhibition, craning their necks to catch a glimpse of the unfolding drama.

"You wait here," Hank said, leaning forward to address Connor, who'd been relegated to the backseat after Eva joined them. "We won't be long."

"My instructions are to accompany you both to the crime scene, Lieutenant," Connor responded, its voice calm but firm, as if trying to comply with its internal directives while respecting the chain of command.

"Listen, I don't give a fuck about your instructions," Hank shot back, his patience visibly fraying. "I told you to wait here, so you shut the fuck up, and you wait here."

Connor's LED pulsed with uncertainty as it opened its mouth to protest, but Evangeline cut him off. "Jesus H. Christ, could you both just shut the fuck up?" She rubbed her forehead, feeling a headache forming from the blaring sirens and the bickering. "Let the robot tag along and stop being difficult." Without waiting for a response, she pushed open the car door and headed toward the house, Connor and Hank trailing behind, with Hank grumbling under his breath.

As Eva approached the house, a man lunged toward her, microphone thrust forward with the urgency of a vulture diving for carrion. Startled, she took a quick step back. "Joss Douglas, Channel 16," he introduced himself, his words rapid-fire. "Can you confirm if this is a homicide?" He thrust a microphone toward her, nearly hitting her in the face.

"I'm not confirming anything, piss off," Eva said flatly, her tone devoid of any emotion. She crossed through the holographic caution tape and walked briskly up the path to the front door. She wasn't about to give a single word more to the press vultures hovering at the scene.

Detective Ben Collins stood just inside, his eyes widening in surprise at seeing Eva. It was one thing to hear she was back; it was another to see her in person. "Evangeline," he said, trying to hide his shock.

"Evening, Ben," she replied, crossing her arms. Her stance was casual, but the tension in her shoulders hinted at the effort it took to maintain her composure.