Chapter 15 - Kiss-Up has to babysit

***Jewel's POV***

It has been almost a week since I saw Chevie and Ray won't tell me what is going on. They've both started to behave rather peculiar around me and its a bit unnerving. Especially for Ray, he is usually so jolly and lit up to see me, more excited than I am to learn something new in french, always bringing a new fruit for me to taste, now he drags himself into the cave out plopping down onto the bed rock. All our fun conversation have been reduced to snores and awkward stares when he abruptly wakes up ensure I am still tied.

I honestly thought we got over the whole "I ran away when you were sleeping" thing but obviously not. As for Chevie, the last time I saw him was two days after I healed him. He came to deliver a message to Ray after which I asked how his injury was doing he stopped as if the question was very uncalled for and sudden. He gave me a sharp 'yes' and rushed out the cave. I really do not know what I have done to either of them and I am still deciding which one of them I should ask, given the circumstances I don't think it would matter they're both treating me like a disease.

But fortunately for me I haven't seen Chevie in forever so my decision was very situation-based. I was going to ask Ray. I got up from my corner feeling the determination building inside me and just as I was about to ask I realised, the only problem was when, he is almost always asleep, which I figured was his was of avoiding any conversation I could possibly start with him, not that it hurt my feelings or anything that the only friend I had here is detaching himself from me.

It may hurt but I definitely didn't come here to make friends, definitely not evil friends whose main intention was to kill my family and take over the only home I ever had. Although, I treasured what Ray offered to me, nothing hurts more than the way I started to feel about Chevie, I actually loved every detail about his physique and I wanted to explore his personality. Oh how foolish I have been while I was here, never have I been this grateful in my life that they put an end to something before it started to spread like a wildfire.

It is about time I realised that I am the prisoner here and not their friend, they just want to kill me to the end and take over my kingdom nothing loving or caring there. And since I have analysed the entire situation no longer do I need to ask my question. I figured it out myself.

I turned back to my corner and just when I was about to lie back down Chevie marched into the room hastily almost knocking down the decorations on the walls. I never got to ask what they were about either, but its none of my business, those ivory crescents with gold embedded in them will forever remain a mystery, much like the sword by the entrance to the cave-out.

Rayvoir sprang up from the bed rock on feeling Chevie's heavy footsteps when he stomped into the room shaking everything out of its place. "There's a problem."

Rayvoir locked eyes with Chevie seeming a little confused at first but soon after his molten gold eyes harden and he rushed out the room with Chevalier right on his heel. They did not just leave me in here by myself. How could they?

As I tried to process what was happening I heard loud voices and growls echoing in the hallway, but my chains weren't long enough for me to reach the door.

"There is no way I am doing that!" a voice boomed.

"There is no way you're coming with us either!" a familiar voice growled.

"Don't waste your breath Rayvoir, whether he likes it or not I already spoke with my brother and he is going to be watching her." I froze. I recognised that voice anywhere, it was Chevie's. But who was the third voice? And why didn't he want to watch me? Where was Chevie and Ray going?

"Your brother would never agree to this foolishness." the third voiced stated bitterly.

"Oh, so you're saying your master makes 'foolish' decisions?" Ray asked.