"Yea, we are".

"How's it going?"

"Good, haven't talked to his mom individually though".

"There's still time for her to bring it up and hopefully apologize".

"We'll see, I'm trying to be the bigger person".

"Very admirable. Is Connor by you?"

"No, he's in the dining room".

"Let me speak to him if it's no issue".

"Yea, one second" she said before she went back to her seat "he wants to talk to you".

"Sure" Connor took the phone and got up himself "hello".

"How are you, Connor?"

"I'm doing well, trips going okay. I'm sure Summer called to tell you both what happened earlier, I just want you to know that I know it was wrong and I'm-".

"I know you're handling it, I trust you with her. I asked to speak with you because I want to thank you and your family for hosting my daughter. Have your parents choose a restaurant and let me make the reservations and put my card on the table".

"I can't ask you to do that, Spencer".

"You're not asking. Have them decide and let me know, please".

"Yes sir, I'll speak with them".

"Thank you very much. I apologize for interrupting your dinner. No need to give the phone back to Summer, I'll talk to her another time".

"Alright. Good night".

"Good night, Connor" Spencer said then hung up.

"Thank you, everything alright?" Summer asked quietly as he sat down.

"Yea, all good".

"You're still coming to the bachelorette party, aren't you?" Eleanor asked.

"Yea, I haven't planned otherwise".

"Great. Also you're welcome to stay the night with everyone. Then the next day we'll head over to the venue and all get ready. I know Connor's gonna be busy with Joshua, so the invite is open".

"That's really sweet, I don't want to overstep though".

"You won't, trust me. You're good with that, Connor?"

"Oh that's her decision".

"Sure, why not. Thank you" Summer smiled. Everyone continued talking at dinner until the three couples got ready to go. They helped clean up for the most part before getting ready to head downtown to the club.

"Summer, can I talk with you please?" Cora stopped her.

"We'll be in the car" Connor kissed her cheek and went outside.

"I just want to apologize for how breakfast went. I can be overbearing when it comes to my children and I'm sure you know about Connor's ex fiancé. I just want to make sure he's happy. Still, it was very rude of me to say what I did. So I'm sorry".

"I understand, and thank you for apologizing. I'm not bragging, I'm really not, but money is not an issue for me. I'm with Connor for more than his bank account and his looks. He's a great man. Also, I get being skeptical about how we met, but like I told my parents it was just a matter of circumstance" Summer explained.

"Do you love my son?"

"Yes, I do. He makes me very happy".

"And from what I hear, he feels the same way about you. I think you're a great woman, I think you're really good for him. I want to be supportive and honestly, involved. So I won't make things hard, I just wanted to explain myself and apologize".