Chapter 7

"Alright, last thing before you rush out of here" Connor started when he finished his last lecture for the semester "I got a few emails about the final assignment, there seemed to be a little bit of confusion, that's alright. So you'll be in groups of four, I've randomly selected your groups and that attachment is in the email. Your assignment is to design a faulty code. The details of how long your code should be and how many errors there can be are also in the email. You will write the code and send it to me three days before the final review. After the review your group will attempt to correct another groups code in the allotted time. Now, you get 70 points for just completing your code, so I'm not failing anyone unless you just don't do it. You get 10 points if it's coherent and I don't have to go in and complete anything myself. You get the remaining 20 points if your group corrects the code in the time. I want it three days in advance so I can go through each of them and have the corrections laid out so I know it's at least possible. This is meant to be fun competition before the final so relax, be creative, utilize the tools we practiced. Any questions?"

"Is there a specific topic you want the code on?" A student asked.

"No, anything your group wants, following appropriate university guidelines of course. Yea go ahead" Connor said pointing to another student.

"Can we use a premade code and code in our own errors?"

"No. And I will be running your code through the system to authenticate it. Uh yes, go ahead".

"Do we have to do the second part, like correcting the code?"

"Well we're working more so on the analysis. This is practice without the stress. I'm giving you the first 70 points to ensure that it won't affect your grade too much if you cannot complete the analysis. You really just have to complete your initial code. And don't bullshit me you guys, use the opportunity to put your skills to work. Anyone else?" He asked and waited a minute "no, okay. You can go" he said and watched the students file out of the room, exchanging a small smile with Summer.

It was Friday, then the weekend, then finals week. That meant, tests then they head home for Christmas break.

"Hi, how was class?" Summer asked going into their apartment.

"Good. Finally done with lectures which is great".

"I know. I'm just glad I had two finals early already so now I can focus on the last three and this project for software analytics. I'll probably meet with my group at the library for a few nights".

"That's fine, I'll be studying".

"Okay. Seeing Darren before you leave".

"Yes of course. He even said he'll come see me back home for a week".

"Oh good. I bet your dad is happy".

"Ecstatic" Avery said sarcastically as they laughed then she continued "he wasn't even a big fan of Darren when we first dated and now, who knows".

"It's gonna be fine. Your parents are the sweetest".

"Mhm. So, are you telling Spencer Young that you have a new boyfriend".

"Maybe, but definitely nothing about it. He won't pry. My mother on the other hand is psychotic" Summer laughed.

"Yea, I don't think either of them would love the information but you seem so happy. When you do decide to tell them, they'll understand".

"I am happy. And thank you".

"Sure. Wanna order in for dinner?" Avery asked.

"Yea, that way we don't have to waste time cooking or driving".