1-14: Sex Sounds No Lil TJay

LAURIE'S. POV -- WALLACE HOUSE

The street is quiet, dark and windy. Bob's car is parked in front of the Wallace house. Suddenly a light goes on in the bedroom.

ANGLE ON LAURIE

She stares at the house, puzzled.

LAURIE'S. POV -- WALLACE HOUSE

Then the light goes off.

INT. DOYLE HOUSE

Laurie moves from the window back to the telephone and dials Annie's number. We Hear the phone ringing on the other end.

INT. WALLACE HOUSE -- BEDROOM

Camera Slowly Tracks through the darkened bedroom of the Wallace house. There is no sign of a struggle. The room is empty. The phone Rings away.

INT. DOYLE HOUSE

Laurie finally hangs up the phone. She stands for a moment considering it, then turns and walks upstairs.

INT. DOYLE BEDROOM

Laurie opens the door to the bedroom. Tommy, Ellie and Lindsey are sound asleep on the bed. She looks at them a moment, then closes the door behind her.

INT. DOYLE HOUSE -- LIVING ROOM

Laurie comes back downstairs. She takes a key out of her purse and again steps to the window.

LAURIE'S POV -- WALLACE HOUSE

Dark and silent.

ANGLE ON LAURIE

She steps to the front door.

CUT TO: EXT. MYERS HOUSE -- NIGHT

Loomis sits in silence behind the hedge watching the Myers house. Frustrated, he gets up and walks to the street.

For a moment he glances back at the Myers house, then starts down the quiet residential street.

LOOMIS' POV -- STREET -- STATION WAGON

It is empty except for a station wagon parked several blocks away.

ANGLE ON LOOMIS

He turns away from the street. Then a thought strikes him. He looks again.

LOOMIS' POV -- STREET -- STATION WAGON

The lone car is Loomis' station wagon.

ANGLE ON LOOMIS

He's not certain of it. Slowly Loomis starts walking down the street toward the station wagon.

CUT TO: EXT. STREET -- NIGHT

Laurie locks the Doyle house and walks away out into the street. The wind whips her clothes and hair.

LAURIE'S POV -- WALLACE HOUSE -- MOVING SHOT MOVING SHOT TOWARD THE WALLACE HOUSE, DARK AND OMINOUS MOVING SHOT -- LAURIE

She moves down the street, shivering in the chill wind. She puts the key to the Doyle house in her pocket.

LAURIE'S POV -- WALLACE HOUSE --

Moving Shot Car turns the corner and drives past the Wallace house, casting a strange shadowy pattern across the front of the house.

MOVING SHOT -- LAURIE

She picks up her speed now up the sidewalk.

LAURIE'S POV -- WALLACE HOUSE --

Moving Shot, The house looms closer and closer.

CUT TO: EXT. STREET -- NIGHT

Tracking Shot with Loomis as he walks up the street.

LOOMIS' POV -- STATION WAGON

The station wagon moves closer.

MOVING SHOT -- LOOMIS

He recognizes it and races forward.

LOOMIS' POV -- STATION WAGON

Camera Tracks In to the station wagon, right up to the state emblem emblazoned on the side.

CUT TO: EXT. WALLACE HOUSE -- NIGHT

Camera Moves Up to the front of the Wallace house. Laurie walks up to the front porch. She stands there a moment, listening, as if to hear some sound of life from the inside.

She Knocks on the door and Rings the doorbell. She waits. Silence. She steps off the porch and walks around to the side of the house, Camera Tracking With Her.

She moves to the garage and peeks inside. There is Annie's car. Laurie thinks a moment, then looks to the street.

LAURIE'S POV -- BOB'S CAR

Bob's car sits there on the street.

ANGLE ON LAURIE

She turns and walks through the breezeway between the house and the garage around to the back door.

The kitchen door is ajar, swinging back and forth in the wind. Laurie pulls open the door and steps into the house.

INT. WALLACE KITCHEN

The kitchen is dark. Laurie stands there a moment staring into the blackness, "Annie?" She calls out and gets No answer, "Bob, Lynda, Annie?" No one answers. Laurie searches for the wall light.

She flips it and nothing happens. She looks again into the darkness.

"Hello?" She again calls out and gets Nothing.

Laurie moves forward into the house, Camera Tracking With Her. Laurie walks into the living room.

She stops to let her eyes get accustomed to the almost total darkness. She reaches for a nearby lamp and trips over the cord.

The lamp Clunks to the floor, "Shit." She says, Suddenly there is a Crashing Sound from upstairs.

Laurie spins around and stares up the dark staircase. Another Squeak from above. Laurie smiles.

"All right, meatheads. The joke is over." She calls out and again she gets...Silence, "Come on, Annie, enough." Another Sound from upstairs, a Dragging across the floor.

Laurie moves to the head of the staircase. The dragging sound stops abruptly. Silence.

"This has most definitely stopped being funny. Now cut it out!" She shouts, A Scraping Sound, then silence, "You'll be sorry."

Other way around pookie...

Slowly Laurie starts up the staircase.

CUT TO: EXT. STREET -- NIGHT

Loomis stands by his car glancing up and down the empty street. Finally he makes up his mind and starts moving down the street, almost running, looking back and forth at the rows of houses on either side for something out of place.