Seven | You can't have them both

Two months later

Aaliyah and Thando were in the netball court practicing. They were actually watching Nokwanda because she didn't want them to practice with the rest of the team. Amanda was practicing with the rest of the team, she was starting to be close with Nokwanda so that she can get a chance on the field. It been two months since Thando and Amanda talked to each other. Aaliyah was still in contact with her.

"I hate to watch Nokwanda practicing and we are outside, just watching," Aaliyah said.

"Me too but she is our captain and we have to pretend to like her, so that we will get the opportunity," Thando shared an opinion.

"Amanda is good with that though just look at her, it's like she is not pretending," Aaliyah said. Thando did not think Amanda was pretending anymore. "Do you think Amanda is still pretending?" She asked.

"I don't know, she has been dodgy lately and I last spoke to her two weeks back," Aaliyah said. Amanda was looking at them and she was smiling at Thando. "She hate the fact that you chose me over her," Thando thought. 

"I did not choose you Thando. I understood you and..." Thando interrupted her, "Aaliyah come on I would not choose myself. I understand Amanda, I was a hypocrite."

"And it wasn't on purpose that you had feelings for a guy, this things happens," Aaliyah defended her.

[Both giggled]

"A whole me, having feelings for someone," Thando surprised.

Aaliyah looked at her with a smile and Thando was curious why Aaliyah was smiling. "Things changed, I guess. Who would have thought that I will sleep with..." Thando interrupted her, "no way, you didn't. Is it Vusi?"

"You're joking right? How can you ask me that?" Aaliyah asked.

"oh my word," Thando was happy for Aaliyah.

Thando believed that maybe love does exist. You just need to commit to it that all, Aaliyah and Vusumuzi was the true definition of it according to Thando. She wanted to experience love but at the same time she wanted to remain the princess of the school. They continued talking. Londiwe and Luyanda were in class together.

"Babe I feel like we haven't talked for months," Londiwe was open.

"Took you a long time to realize that. Ever since you took back your gift, you have been ignoring me and you were very busy watching soccer," Luyanda angrily.

"What are you trying to say?" Londiwe asked.

"Nothing personal," Luyanda replied.

Londiwe felt like Luyanda was embarrassed of her because of the gift she had. "What do you expect me to do, I'm trying to find the person who humiliated us with this gift," Londiwe said.

"I'm expecting you to be here for me, because I'm still processing what happened on valentine's ball," Luyanda suggested. "But that was two months ago," Londiwe said. Londiwe was not in Luyanda's shoes, she only thought that she is okay. 

"To you it is but to me, it feels like it has been yesterday!" Luyanda yelled.

Londiwe did not understand what Luyanda was feeling, instead she left her alone in the class. Zweli finally came under the table. He was listening to everything they were saying and Luyanda knew that he was hiding.