"you're bad at lying Max"

"okay, you were going here and I wanted to spend time with you and it's a bonus that we're here"

"yes but we are out in public and how are we going to try to hide that we are with each other"

"calm down. i'm not wearing my usual clothes and i'm wearing a different cap AND i'm wearing sunglasses which you're wearing too"

"by your usual clothes you mean the Red Bull shirt?"

I finally gave up on my arguments and was still glad he was here with me. we went to where the driver of the boat was supposed to be and after 10 minutes we had arrived on the boat. the boat started to leave and I took lots of pictures of the buildings we passed and the nice view. I have to admit, I took some nice pictures of Max too.

when Max saw that I was taking a picture of him, he gave me a warm smile and my heart beat faster. my fear of being discovered had disappeared and right now I just wanted to enjoy the nice view and him next to me.

we sat and talked and he had started to open up to me a little more. I was glad he felt he could trust me with everything he told me. he loved to talk about his cats and wanted me to meet them sometime. I was sitting enjoying the sun and all the stories when he went silent out of nowhere.

"what is it Max"

"try to hide a little, there are a lot of fans over there" Max said while trying to fix his cap and turned his back to them.

I did as he said and fixed my sunglasses and did my best to hide that it was me. I sank into the seat and I looked over my shoulder to see that there were lots of people with cameras taking pictures. the feeling of being discovered made my heart beat faster.

Max took my hand and ran his thumb over the back of my hand to calm me down. We made eye contact and we started laughing about the situation we had found ourselves in. when we managed to get away from them, we were finally able to sit down normally again but we chose to try to lie low.

I felt a thrill to almost get caught and to spend time with him outside of our hotel rooms as we had been doing for the past few weeks not to get caught. Max had his arm around me and I felt more alive now than driving around in an F1 car.

when the boat ride was over Max held out his hand to help me get back on land and I accepted the help. we walked around the city trying to hide large crowds because the risk of being spotted was high.

when the sun started to set it was time to go back to the hotel. we agreed on a story about where we had been all day. Charles knew I'd been here so didn't have to lie about it but I knew people would ask Max since he'd avoided several calls from Charles, Lando and Danny throughout the day.

we talked on the phone the whole drive home and we decided that I would park and go in first and Max would wait a few minutes before he could go to his room.

As if | Max Verstappenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें