Chapter 28

*Amelia's POV*

After the little meeting we had with Aurora and Michael, we headed back upstairs for dinner. Mimi is up and about and fully healed, perks of werewolf healing. We got to the dining room and all settled down at the table. 

"So, how did it go?", Mrs M started the conversation as we all got comfortable and started eating.

"Um, it went as expected. We told Michael what his punishment would be and he accepted it", Nate answered. 

"What's his punishment", Luke wondered. 

"Some old law", I said not wanting to tell Mimi yet. 

"What old law?", Mimi asked and when she realized that we weren't going to answer, she raised her voice asking again. "What old law?"

"Every traitor must die", Josh said not really caring about my friend's feelings. 

I looked at Mimi and felt dread, fear and heartbreak. She must be scared for her brother, even after all he did. 

"Does that go for me?", she asked tearing up a little. My heart dropped at those words and at the fear in her voice. 

"How could you say that?", Wyatt said next to her. 

"Have you forgotten, Wyatt? The reason that I came here in the first place was to spy on this pack and I still did that even after we met Wyatt. I still told her about our plan, I still told her what to expect", she looked at Nate and me. "I would totally understand if you give me the same punishment as my brother", she said really meaning it but with sadness in her voice. 

"No!", Wyatt said looking at us. "No, please don't do this", he said with his voice breaking.

"We haven't decided but the choice is totally up to Amelia and Nate", Josh putting the attention on us but we before we could say something else, someone decided to pitch in. 

"I think the bitch deserves to die just as much those two do", some pack warrior said. I recognized him as one of the people who lost someone. He lost his brother during the battle, so its still hitting him hard. 

"First of all, that bitch is still your Gamma Female", I growled him and he quickly bowed his head. 

"Sorry Luna", he squeaked. I let it slide as he's still mourning. 

"Second of all, the decision lies with me and your Alpha. So we'll decide if this "bitch" deserves to die or not. She still took a knife for me, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her", I said and he nodded in understanding. 

"Can I be excused, Alpha?", he asked Nate and Nate signaled him to go and then looked lost in thought. 

"Nate?", I shook his shoulder. He still had that absent-minded look in his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Nathaniel's POV*

I just sat there, thinking. Thinking how I'm going to make a decision but still not seem like a weak Alpha who show's mercy. I mean Mimi saved Lia and she's Wyatt's mate. I can't kill her because that would kill my Gamma.

"Can we go to the study, Lia", I asked her as I finally snapped out of my downward spiral. This is a very hard decision to make.

"Okay, let's go. Excuse us", she said dragging me out of my chair as I still didn't get up after a minute. We walked in silence to my study and when we got inside, I went to sit on the couch. Lia followed me and at next to me.

"Ugh, Lia! What do I do? She saved your life, but I don't want people thinking I'm biased. Give me some advice here, Lia", I put my head on her lap and she played with my hair as she was thinking.