Chapter 16

*Nathaniel's POV *

Three weeks, seriously. This woman seriously hates us, but at least now we have Ruth to warn us about it. Last time, we were blindsided and not prepared.

I looked over at Lia to see how she was processing all of this. I thought she'd be upset or worried, but she looked pissed. This is affecting her.

"I knew banishing her was too easy. She left without a fight, and the Aunt Ro that I know never backs down without a fight", she started pacing up and down my study. I went over to her and started rubbing her shoulders to try and calm her down.

"Everything is going to be okay, at least this time we know she's coming and we can prepare. She won't catch us off guard this time. "I tried reassuring her, and she started to calm down.

"You're right. We still have time to prepare. The coven will help, right Ruth?" she looked over at Ruth with a small smile. Ruth nodded.

"Hell yeah, we are. You're gonna need all the help you can get, "she said.

I started thinking about the last time she attacked. Even though I wasn't there, my dad talked about it a lot. She attacked with a pack of rogues, of course, but he suspected that someone in our pack could've helped her. She just walked into our pack lands like she owned the place.

"Hey Ruth, did you by any chance see anyone with her? Maybe the same person who helped her last time, "I asked her, the question that had been looming at the back of my mind this entire time.

She thought about it for a while and then her face lit up as she remembered something.

"Now that you mentioned it. There was someone, actually two people. A man and a woman with her." she said, then her face lit up again like she remembered something else. "The man had a symbol on his neck. It looked like the same one your pack gives the pack warriors, Alpha Nate, "she finally said.

It has to be someone from our pack. We're the only pack in the country that gives a symbol to our pack warriors once they have proven themselves to protect our pack. It's a huge honor, but who would have betrayed us like this? Maybe Wyatt can help us, as the Gamma he should have the records of all the pack warriors that we have ever had. So I decided to mind-link him.

Me: Wyatt, are you awake?

Wyatt: I am now. What's up

Me: I need some information on the pack warriors. You might have to dig through your dad's old records.

Wyatt: Sure, no problem, are you in your study?

Me: Yeah, hurry up and get her now

"Wyatt is on his way. He's going to help figure out who this traitor is," I explained to the girls who were talking amongst themselves. They nodded in understanding. It wasn't long till Wyatt and Josh showed up with a box each.

"Okay, what's going on? What's the witch leader doing here?"Josh asked as he sat down at my desk away from Lia. She still doesn't trust him. Let's hope she warms up to him soon.

So Lia and I explained to them what Ruth has told us up until this point and the reason we called them here in the first place.

"So let me get this straight. That crazy witch who attacked our pack more than ten years ago is coming back to do it and how we know this is because of the psychic witch right here who came to warn us and we have two weeks to prepare", Wyatt said after we explained everything.