chapter 4 - Katsuki's Pov

Start from the beginning

“ Thanks, Mina, you don't know how much this has helped, ” I said sincerely. “ You're welcome. Anyways we should have a girl's day. I swear we haven't had one of those in what feels like years. ”  She exaggerated. “ Oh please, we had one last week, ” I said, rolling my eyes, with a laugh. “ Yeah, it's been way too long. ” She said back with a small smile. I rolled my eyes again.

                      *Time Skip*

Mina just left my apartment, she stayed practically the whole day. We did a lot of self care stuff, and I feel refreshed now. Every few minutes my mind goes to Izuku and Sophia. I want to accept the job, but it's not that easy. I have to think about it for a while. And I still have to keep the promise with myself, of applying for other jobs.

I am going to miss the bakery but it's just not working anymore. Mr. Hakamada is such a sweet guy, he's the coolest type of boss, but I can't stay at a job only because of that.

I was currently on the couch watching some Netflix show, eating pizza. Thinking. At this point, I'm not even paying attention to the show playing in the background. I should probably start applying for jobs, I thought randomly. Yeah, that would make the most sense. I got up off of the couch grabbing my laptop from the coffee table, looking at different jobs here and there. I applied for a few retail, office, and some more bakery jobs that pay better. I hate doing this to Mr. Hakamada but I have to. After a few hours of applying for jobs, I closed my laptop.

I need to go to bed. It's been a long day, and I still have to make a big decision. As of right now, I'm pretty sure I am going to take it. I don't want another kid growing up as I did. Without a parent, and people who don't care for me. Sophia deserves better, even if it's just one person, I want to be that person she can come to, and not only that but I get paid well. This job will support me and more. I can finally get the bakery I've always wanted.

But like I've said I still have to think. I don't want to do anything irrational. That's not what I'm trying to do But if I do take this job I have to remember to try and stay away from Izuku, at least a little bit. He's my boss, so of course, I will have to talk to him, but no more than what is needed from me. I'm not at the job to make friends with a mafia leader, I'm there for Sophia, and my paycheck.

The talk with Mina helped me today. I was still sitting on the couch when a wave of tiredness cashed onto me. Yeah, I should probably go get ready for bed. I got up and walked to my bedroom. I grabbed some random clothes from my closet, bring them to the bathroom. I quickly turned on the shower, not being able to wait till I could lay in my bed and sleep. Tomorrow I have work, too. So that's great. Hint the sarcasm. Once the shower heated up, I undressed and stepped in.

Allowing the water to wash away all the thoughts from today, and stress. I must have stood there for a while, cause the water started to get colder, shit. I hurried up and washed my hair and body, before stepping out. I got changed and brushed my teeth before heading straight to my bed. I threw myself on the bed, getting ready for the best night of rest a girl could ask for. I slowly pulled the cover down, so I could get in.

Once I did I was out like a light.

          *  A Few Hours Later *

I awake to knocking on my door. I looked over at my alarm clock to see it was 4 am. Who the hell is at my house? I got up off of my bed going to the kitchen to grab a knife. I gripped the knife so hard my knuckles were turning white. I could feel my heart jumping out of my chest. I slowly unlocked the door, pulling it open. The knife was behind my back, I was ready to strike whoever was knocking until I heard a baby's wail. Sophia! I pulled the door open further, to see Izuku and Sophia. Izuku looked like he was dead.“ Please, I'm begging, shut her up. ” He said, begging. He practically shoved Sophia my way. Once Sophia had realized that I was there, he held onto me with all his might.

Sophia was whimpering at this point holding onto me. I was still in shock, from the amount of adrenaline pumping through my body right now. “ Izuku you can't keep showing up like this. You scared the shit out of me. " I said, now bouncing Sophia up and down. “ Yes I know, but she has been crying all day. She doesn't want anything. No one can calm her down, and it's been like seven hours. You're the only person I know who can calm her down properly. ” He said. I moved so he could come in.

“ Please call before you come banging on my door at four in the morning, ” I said walking to the kitchen putting the knife away. “ She probably needs a bottle and a diaper change. ” Izuku said, standing in the kitchen doorway watching me. “ Okay, but after I go back to sleep. If you and Sophia need to stay, then okay, but I'm going back to bed. ” I said, walking towards him, trying to get the diaper bag, so I could get the stuff. “ Hey, can you make a bottle while I change her? ” I said, taking the diaper bag from him, grabbing a diaper and the wipes.

“ Yeah. ” He mumbled. I left the kitchen with the diaper and wipes, I laid her on the couch, changing her diaper. Once I was finished I took the wipes and dirty diaper, threw the diaper away and walked into the kitchen to wash my hands and put the wipes away. When I got in there I saw Izuku shaking up Sophia's bottle. Just then I realized how buff he was.

I was probably standing there for a few seconds before he realized I was there. I handed Sophia to him, washing my hands. Once I was finished I looked back and saw Izuku holding a sleeping Sophia in his arms, feeding her. I mentally gushed at this moment. “ Are you sleeping here tonight? I mean it is the middle of the night. ” l said.
“ Yeah, I guess we can stay. ” He said, looking up at me for a moment, then back at Sophia.

“ Alright let me get the couch ready for you, ” I said walking to my room to grab a blanket and nice pillows because the throw pillows on the couch are shit. I walked back to the living room, making the couch into a comfortable bed for Izuku. I'm pretty sure Sophia is going to sleep with me, knowing she is practically attached to me.

After I was done setting it up, Izuku came in with a sleeping Sophia. He handed Sophia to me. “ Goodnight Izuku, ” I said.  “ Night. ” He said, getting comfortable on the couch. I turned and walked to my bedroom. Once I got in there I laid Sophia down, doing the same, setting my alarm for work tomorrow. And slowly drifted into darkness.