chapter 4 - Katsuki's Pov

* Katsuki pov *

It's been a few hours since Izuku and Sophia have left. I called my friend over, I just need to talk to her about this situation. I want to be Sophia's nanny, but Izuku is holding me  back. He runs a cartel, he kills people, I can't just let that go so easily. What if I were to make him mad? Would he hurt me?

I feel like I should just talk to a person I trust most. I was taken out of my thoughts when I heard banging on the door. I swear that girl can't wait for shit. I quickly opened the door to be faced with my best friend. “ Hey, Mina ! ” I said enthusiastically. “ Hey Katsubabe ! It feels like we haven't talked in years. ” She said, laughing slightly. I stepped out of the way to let her in.

We made our way to the couch, where the TV was already playing. “ Hey so uh, we need to talk- ”  I started, but was cut off. “ I swear if you're pregnant. ” She said in a threatening tone. “ What? No, no I'm not pregnant. But this does have to do with kids. ” I paused, wanting to see her reaction. “ Go on.... ” she replied suspiciously.

“ So the other day, I was at work, and someone had accidentally left their baby. ” I was cut off again. “ Oh my god, how does that happen! ” She interrupted. “ If you don't shut up. Anyways I had taken care of it for an hour or two, waiting for her parents to realize what they did. But I wasn't expecting the baby to get attached. Anyways she was very upset when she had to go, but I didn't think anything of it. ”

I stopped for a second to take a breather. “ Anyways, what I didn't expect was to find the man whose name is Izuku and his daughter Sophia, you know the baby we were talking about, to show up at my door, later that day. I know it's super weird, and stalkerish. But I let them in because Sophia was screaming, crying, and missed me or something. I let them stay over for the night. A lot of things happened and I found out Izuku is in the Drug lords of a cartel. Like a serious cartel. Like a wanted criminal, cartel. Anyways he wants me to be Sophia's nanny. And I don't know what to do. I want to do it for Sophia, but I don't want to get involved with Izuku, because that puts me in danger. Like I want to be there for Sophia and accept the job, but I don't know if I can. I just don't know what to do. So I need you to help me decide what I'm going to do, ” I said, releasing a deep breath. All that talking got me worked up.

Mina was just looking at me wide eyed,
“ Wait let me get this right. You, Katsuki Bakugo, got yourself in a situation, where a Cartel leader wants you to take care of his kid, that you got attached to. ” She repeated what she got from what I said. “ I mean when you put it like that... ” I said, looking anywhere but her eyes. “ I feel like you should look for other jobs before actually accepting. We have to remember, if you start working for him, his work is very dangerous, he is the leader of a cartel. You have to make sure this is really what you want. You are now a target. Probably more than his men, because you take care of the one thing he cares and loves, most in this world that's not easy. ” She said making sure I understood the risks.

“ I know, but Sophia is just such a good kid. I feel like it's my job to make sure she grows up in a good environment. Izuku told me, that no one in his house knows how to take care of her, and I know he can hire a new nanny, but the one before me left her in a fucking bakery I just want her to grow up in a good place where she is cared for and loved. Her dad is always at work, and his men don't give a fuck about Sophia. I just don't want another kid to grow up in a house like me. I feel like it's my job, I don't know this all just happened way too quick. ” I said, putting my head in my hands. This is super weird. I have never felt like this for a baby . I know it seems way too quick, but I can't help it.

“ Wow. That's a lot, Katsuki. I feel like you should think about this a little more. You just met the kid yesterday. There are plenty of other nanny job's. If you want to take care of a kid that much, there's always that option. I feel that you should contact Izuku and ask to meet and talk this over. Don't go jumping for just any job. I promise Sophia is okay, for a few more days. I want you to think this through. The cartel isn't just any old job, it's dangerous, and it gets messy. You are going to be in danger, but if you're one hundred percent sure about wanting to take care of Sophia, or whatever I feel you should take it. Izuku is going to protect you, you're taking care of his kid, of course, he's going to protect you. But like I've said, really think about this decision ” She said