The Underdwellers

Start from the beginning

Harvey still holds Grace's hand as she steps an inch closer. Gotham's D.A. and Princess were again staring into each other's eyes as they smiled. Harvey decides to take a step forward in the relationship. The D.A. lifts Grace's chin with his hand before kissing her on the lips. Grace is at first shocked by the suddenness but then allows herself to melt into the kiss.

When Grace was with Harvey, it was like a breath of fresh air. She felt normal and didn't have to worry about fighting bad guys. But Grace knew the feeling couldn't last forever because there were still bad guys to fight.

When the kiss ended, Harvey and Grace smiled at each other again. Grace takes a moment to enjoy the fleeting and rare normalcy. She envied the other women in Gotham because they didn't have to live double lives like her.

"Thank you for the dinner, Harvey. Next time, I'm paying," Grace said.

"Thank you, Grace. For everything," Harvey responded before he kissed her hand.

Grace's heart pounded in her chest. No man had ever made her feel like this before. Not that there were many. Grace waved goodbye to Harvey before she stepped inside Wayne Manor. She watched him drive away through the window.

Grace walks through the manor and enters the library. She approaches the grandfather clock before opening it to reveal the hidden stone staircase to the Batcave. Grace ventures down the stone steps to the hidden cave below her home. After reaching the end, Grace walks toward her brother and surrogate father by the Batcomputer. Alfred sits in a chair next to the radio while Bruce works on his suit.

"Seriously. You don't believe I saw a leprechaun," Bruce said to Alfred.

"What's this about leprechauns?" Grace questioned, standing beside her brother.

"Master Bruce said he encountered a leprechaun earlier this evening as Batman," Alfred informed Grace before laughing, "Hmhehe. Did he have a pot of gold?" Alfred asked Bruce as he plugged in the headphones before putting them on. Bruce turns his back on Alfred, hurt that someone he trusted didn't believe him. Alfred notices and says, "So... I believe you saw something."

Bruce rests his hands on his costume on the table. Grace looks at her brother with worry. She was afraid the long hours and having two lives were getting to him.

"Maybe I need a rest," Bruce sighed.

"I do believe a break from Wayne Enterprises and crime-fighting would do wonders. Perhaps a vacation? Golf?" Alfred suggested.

"Sounds boring," Bruce responded.

"In the Bahamas?"

"Hot and boring. No, Alfred. I think this is a job for Batman," Bruce finishes working on his costume. He picks up the Batsuit and throws it over his shoulder before approaching the Batcomputer.

"And the Scarlet Witch," Grace added.

"You have a fine flair for dramatics, sir, ma'am," Alfred commented.

"Why, thank you, Alfred," Bruce said. He hits the high-tech computer's keys before a map appears on the screen. The computer zooms in on a part of the map by the water.

"The Theater District?" Alfred wondered.

"Yes. I think it's time for Batman to have an encore. This time with the Scarlet Witch," Grace said.

Bruce and Grace quickly donned their Batman and Scarlet Witch Wardrobe. The two heroes hopped into the Batmobile before driving to the Theater District.

"You were out pretty late tonight. You almost missed our nightly patrol," Batman mentioned.

Scarlet Witch knows her brother suspects something is going on. It's all part of him being the protective older brother. He had promised his parents to look after his baby sister when she was born. His protectiveness only grew when their parents died.