Chapter 5: Next Phase

Start from the beginning

Then Admiral Vane takes a seat then presses a few buttons on a panel on his desk to accept the holo-transmission, which after a few moments the hologram of Riyo Chuchi appears before him.

Vane: "Senator Chuchi, how may I be of service."

Chuchi: Fleet Admiral Vane, I'm sorry for contacting at importune time."

Vane: "It is alright, Riyo. We can speak more openly if you wish."

Chuchi: "Thank you, Vane. I needed to speak to you freely after the latest session in the Senate."

Vane: "Was it that bad?"

Chuchi: "It feels as if the Senate if merely for show and we do not have much say in galactic policy except for those that are Sector Governors."

Vane: "It does seem that Imperial military, has been given more authority over planets and system when it comes to security."

Chuchi: "Since you have become close with the Emperor and even closer with Governor Tarkin, have you learned of any plots that been discuss."

Vane: "Riyo, you I cannot speak about military operation, unless requested through the High Command."

Chuchi: "I know procedure but maybe there is something that is not restricted, possibly."

Chuchi attempt to make a cute facial expression to make Admiral Vane to divulge any information which made the Zabrak chuckle before standing from his seat and walking around the desk to Chuchi.

Vane: "My dear blue beauty do not try to manipulate me with that lovely face of your."

Chuchi: (Cutely) "I do not know what you mean, Fleet Admiral."

Vane: "Riyo, as a Fleet Admiral I have a duty entrusted to me by Emperor in maintaining the safety and security of those within the empire."

Chuchi: "Vane..."

Vane: "...."

Chuchi: "Avroz Vanzas, I do not mean to break your oath, I'm sorry for attempting to pressure you it just has been a stressful time here."

Vane: "I'm not angered or annoyed by you, Riyo. I understand the position you are especially how the opposition has been lately since the war ended."

Chuchi: "I always believed with the war over that things would have been much easier transition of peace."

Vane: "Riyo, all I can say is that even with my rank the Emperor has brought me to his inner circle like Governor Tarkin."