There Are Walls

Zayn

I dip my fingers into Ada's hair, using my thumb to pull the strands that gather at her face. Her even breaths caressed my skin as my thumb fell to her lips, dancing across it.

She was coiled up in her chair, sleeping soundly like the rest of the world was non-existent to her. From the moment we got on the plane, she fell asleep and has been sleeping for two hours now.

Louis walked past our chair, a wineglass in one hand, the other in his pocket. He settled into the chair in front of us before taking a swing from his glass. Closing his eyes to savor the liquor, he asked, "Are you sure it's a good idea to bring her with us?"

Running my hands through Ada's hair again, I replied, "It's fine. I know the Asher household is full of Lycans, but I don't think anyone is stupid enough to let what we are slip."

Louis shook his head. "No, not that. I'm talking about the business we are going there for." The liquor in his hand swirled as he whisked the cup. "We are going there to kill rogue lycans. I don't think your queen would want to see you coming back bathed in blood, killing intent radiating off you."

I grunted, knowing what he said was true. But I can't possibly leave her alone. Most of all I need her with me, I need her scent to be my sustenance when all I can smell is blood.

I passed a glance at Louis who was in the middle of finishing his cup's content. "How about you? Your Erasthai is also coming with us. Don't you think that's also a bad idea?"

Louis rested his eyes on Addison at the next table who was in a heated game with the guys, and girls; chugging a full cup of liquor, probably as a penalty for losing. "She's only tagging along because your Queen is."

There's a slight smile tugging at the corner of his lips as he watched her and it didn't escape me. For whatever reason, he's choosing to avoid his Erasthai. But it's not something I care to find out why. Louis may hold a gentleman font, but once in a while, he gets some twisted ideas.

Looking at my wristwatch, I noticed it was almost time for us to make a landing. "Louis," I called, interrupting whatever musings had his smile deepening, "Make a call to the Asher household and inform them of the guests that are accompanying us. No one is to step out of line in any way, and everyone is to hold their tongue for the rest of our stay."

Louis gave a quick nod, dug into his pocket for his phone, and stood up. As he walked past us, Ada stirred in her seat, calling my name and hugging my arm to her chest.

I smiled at her, and the calm that painted her face. A calm that would surely not remain the day she finds out what I am. Placing my forehead against hers, I whispered, "You're lenient with me. Too lenient. But how much more will you see and take, before you start pushing for answers."

***
Adalia

You're kidding. You're fucking kidding. I gaped at the house before me, it's another mansion. A Victorian-style mansion, with barely any other house surrounding it. There was a good distance between this house and the next. Zayn said this was his mother's household, and I'm beginning to think his family has a thing for isolation. Or maybe it was just a thing of the rich.

As I gaped at the house, a cold air blew by, running a chill up my back. I spun around my senses on alert. That chill wasn't caused by the cold, something else was bugging my senses, it felt like someone was watching me. I scanned the nearby trees and driveway, but I couldn't see anyone or anything.

"Girl! You really scored a jackpot huh," Addy threw her arms over my shoulder, jolting me out of my trance, "Good for you huh, you got with a really rich man. And handsome too." She slurred, patting my shoulder.