✰ xxvii. the lifetime's past ✰

❝ though the love has always been, so i search to find an answer there, so i can truly win. every hour of fear i spend my body tries to cry. living through each empty night — a deadly calm inside. so i try to say goodbye, my friend. i'd like to leave you with something warm, but never have i been a calm blue sea. ❞
— 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘮, fleetwood mac

cordelia centric chapter ahead 🔥‼️🙏🏻

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ — 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Yawning and stretching out, you took note of how everyone was still sound asleep. All of your friends — the witches — were seemingly comfortable on the floor. To be honest, you would probably be fine with the ground too — because when drunk, when you pass out it's simply that. It doesn't really matter in the moment where you're at if you're that shitfaced.

You shook Cordelia awake, and her groans erupted from her mouth as she rubbed her eyes.

"Do you want to make breakfast together?" A smile written across your face, the words fell off your lips like butter.

Her raspy voice replied. You had no idea it would sound this sexy on Delia, "As long as it can be just me and you."

"Look at everyone still on the floor. I don't think they're waking up soon," You chuckled. The older woman propped her elbows up, giggling with you once she saw the sight of all her students snoring on the floor. Everyone was out like a fucking light.

Holding each other's hands, the two of you stepped over the girls and made your way downstairs. Trying to be quiet would be a difficult task — especially since there would be two hungover women attempting to make breakfast. However, you believed you could achieve it.

If not, maybe Cordelia would shut you up with a kiss? A girl can dream.

Grabbing the carton of eggs, you observed as your girlfriend got to work. You loved how determined she was — once she put her mind to something, she would finish it. Cordelia wasn't a quitter (in both her personality and in bed).

"How do you like your eggs?" Still tired as ever, the blonde's voice groggily echoed through the kitchen.

You replied, "Uhm, scrambled."

The headmistress began to cook part of what would be everyone's breakfast. You decided to make yourself useful and slice a bunch of fruit. Every so often, you'd glance over to Cordelia, watching how she cooked — occasionally flipping the pan or throwing it so the eggs would rotate in air. You could tell she was showing off and boasting, but you enjoyed it. This was her silly side.

"You're so cute," You mumbled under your breath, blushing.

The instructor hummed, "What was that? I can't hear you over the eggs sizzling."

"You want me to wake up the rest of the Coven?" Shooting Cordelia a questionable glance, your eyebrow raised as if to test her, "Because I can."

"No, I don't want you to do that."

You moved closer to Delia, pressing your front against her backside, "Then maybe I'll just come closer so you can hear me. I said you're cute."

"I don't deserve you," The blonde chuckled.

Stepping away from Cordelia, you crossed your arms. A pout was painted across your face.

"You do. You've worked so hard here, and done so much for all of us. If you hint as wanting the entire world, I would give it to you in a fucking heartbeat. You deserve this — you deserved to be loved, Lia," Your tone came out a little more aggressive than you imagined, but it was because you cared.