✰ xxiii. you and me, we got plenty of time ✰

❝ i don't want no damage, but how am i going to manage with you? you hold the percentage, but i'm the fool paying the dues. i'm just around the corner — if you got a minute to spare, i'll be waiting for you. ❞
— 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘮𝘦, fleetwood mac

wholesome chapter up ahead 🔥‼️

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ — 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

The steakhouse was incredibly beautiful. Its architecture on the outside was outstanding and very appealing — and your father told you that this was one of Miss Evelyn's favorite places to dine at. He also cared to mention that him and your mother had been here a handful of times before, too.

Hyacinth sat between you and Cordelia once the large group of your party had been seated in a booth. Your father and Evelyn were on the other side, whilst Kielo wanted to sit at the edge of the table on a chair.

You thought it was adorable how Aci immediately grew a liking towards Delia; how she wanted to be around her. You saw it as a sign that maybe, just maybe, the headmistress was the person you had been waiting for all along.

Hyacinth opened her kids menu and Cordelia helped her read off the choices for her meal, and she asked the both of you to help her color. Of course you two would — because declining such a request to color and be a kid again? Neither of you were willing to pass up that opportunity.

Bread rolls were handed out by the waiter, and everyone at the table thanked him. Aci and Kielo immediately went to grab a roll, both of them throwing their hands back realizing how hot and fresh the bread was.

"You two never learn," Your father sighed, "It's too hot, kiddos. You've got to give it a minute to cool down."

"But I'm hungry!" Hyacinth pouted.

You went to take a roll, ignoring how it made your fingers feel like they were on fire or holding pieces of coal. You quickly tore it open and saw the steam radiating off the bread, tapping Hyacinth's shoulder to get her to turn to you.

"See, silly girl? Look at how hot it is!" You pointed, "We have to wait for the steam to die down, or not be there anymore. You don't want to burn your tongue, now do you?"

Aci sighed, "No..."

"Exactly, wouldn't it hurt really bad?" You questioned.

"Uh—huh!"

You nodded in agreement with your little sister, "So we have to be patient. I know you're hungry, but if we wait, then we can still eat all the rolls we want, and not burn our tongues when we eat them! Or our fingers by trying to eat the bread rolls."

"Okay..."

Cordelia spoke up to contribute, "How about this, sweetheart? You wait and I'll get your next bread roll ready for you."

"Yeah! Thank you, Lia!" Your sister clapped, nearly screaming in excitement.

Other than you, it seemed like Cordelia would be taking second place in being her favorite human being.

Meanwhile, your father and Evelyn were talking.

"Miss Y/N such a good sister," Ms. Lee commented to your father.