✰ ii. finally found me ✰

❝ do you always trust your first initial feeling?
special knowledge, holds true bears believing.
i turned around and the water was closing all around. like a glove, like the love that had finally, finally found me. ❞
— 𝘤𝘳𝘺𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘭, fleetwood mac

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ — 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

As your father spoke about — or tried to converse with you over the past couple of minutes — you sat there with your hands in your lap, bewildered at how everything was going. There were so many questions you had, but a part of you knew that you wouldn't be able to get the answers to all of them.

Because of that, you decided to sit there quietly. Sit still and look pretty while the words tried to coherently describe everything without overwhelming you. Despite your father's usual emotional unavailability, this was a rare moment where his feelings were expressed — and he was careful to make sure you were okay, too.

But, you knew that this too was apart of the extreme circumstances you found yourself in.

What if he wasn't home today and this happened? Would I ever be getting an explanation? How would have things unfolded then? Does he even care now?

Your father's expression grew depressed, and he reached out to squeeze your hands harder, "I know it seems like I never cared... that I was never there. You are right — I may not have always been here to see you grow up, or say the correct words to soothe you, to make you feel validated... But Y/N, that doesn't mean I never cared about you. Because I do. I am so proud of you... I am so lucky to have a daughter like you."

"How did you?!" Your hands went to cover your mouth in shock. Did he just read my mind?

You felt your father's voice in your head,
Yes, Y/N/N, I did.

Laughter erupted from your lips, and following your voice was the chuckling of your father. He shook his head as you couldn't stop giggling like a school girl, and he took ahold of your hands again as he spoke, "I do mean what I say, though."

You nodded and wiped your eyes, as a tear was threatening to fall. You didn't want your father to see you anymore vulnerable than he already had, you wanted to be strong for him. Your mother putting your hands on you probably was upsetting him too, and as a way to explain things to you, as well as get away from her, you figured you both were distracting yourselves with this conversation (even if it was incredibly important).

"I'm going to contact my friend, Y/N, okay? I'll get you unenrolled in your classes later because the place you will be going is just like a school — but it's for witches like you. I just need you to continue packing for now."

Your heart grew heavy as you thought of your siblings, "What about Hyacinth and Kielo?"

"They may be like us, or not," your father replied quickly.

Your voice trailed off into thought, "No, I mean..."

"Oh, yes, Y/N! I would never let you not see them. They're your siblings, for goodness sake!" Your father reassured you.

In a whisper, you asked a question with two words, "And Mother?"

"That's a work in progress... something I have to figure out what to do next, after I know you are safe."