She starts the car before replying. "Charlie wants me to move back to Phoenix," she mumbles in a distant voice.

It takes Orion by surprise, opening his mouth to say something but is met with silence. He gathers his thoughts. "Are you?" he asks, trying his best to hide the desperation in his voice.

Bella hears it anyway, rushing to reassure the boy. "No." She shakes her head, placing a hand on his arm. "But for me to stay, Charlie said I need to hang out with other people and not just you."

He tries not to take offense to what the older man said, but he's certain his face gave it away. "He thinks we've developed a deeper bond because you're the only other person who was there that night."

Orion can't disagree with what Charlie said; in fact, he was completely right. Bella and he were already close, to begin with, but their absence caused something deeper to grow between them.

"Now, I'm stuck going shopping with Jessica." The swan girl finishes.

"You hate shopping." States Orion in a confused tone.

"I know!" she groans, hitting her head against the steering wheel, causing Rye to laugh at her actions.

He places a hand on her shoulder. "Well, I wish you the best of luck." He tells her-or at least he tries to, as his chuckles keep cutting him off.

Bella's only response was an eye roll.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

After school, Orion had nothing better to do but be bored at home. He hated it. He hated that his bed sheets still smelled like the blond, even after every wash. He hated how the window that a certain someone would always sneak through had markings. Orion hated how everything was a reminder of him.

He needs to get out. He sends his mother a message, telling her he's going on a walk and that he'll be home later. He walks out the door, moving down the road.

It was one of the rare days where Forks was actually sunny. It feels as if he's been walking for a while. A sudden noise of a car approaching catches his attention. The car was maroon, similar to Bella's but also completely different.

Orion notices as the truck begins to slow down as it nears him. He slowly comes to a stop, wanting to see who the truck belonged to. The truck's window begins to roll down, revealing a familiar boy.

"Nico?" he asks, confused as he shields his eyes from the sun with his hands.

Orion watches a smile spread across his face as he stares back at the boy. "Hey, Orion. What are you doing out here?"

Orion returns the smile, "I'm just taking a walk; clearing my mind." He responds, getting closer to Nico's truck.

It seems like an idea sparks into Nico's mind from the way his eyes light up. "I'm going down to La Push right now; would you be up to going to the beach?"

Orion hums, thinking the idea over in his head. "Sure, why not?" he exhales with a smile, dropping his shoulder. He gets into Nico's truck, his smile widening as he sees the long-haired boy cheer in victory.

As Nico drives them to the beach, Orion rests his head against the seat and looks out the window. The car was filled with songs on the radio, and Nico occasionally sang along. It's not long before they reach their destination.