0.1| The Moving

Recommendation: I suggest you read this story with the font times new roman and the background black!!

Orion's heart shattered when the news was delivered to him. "We are moving, Orion," Lucia said, causing him to turn around and ask her, "What do you mean we are moving?" in a strained voice. Orion's mother gives him an apologetic look and says, "I'm sorry, hijo. I know you love this place, but I cannot keep up with all these bills." Orion sighs, but he understands; I mean, how couldn't he? Orion asks, "What about the shop? What will we do with it and the items in it?" Orion knows how dear that shop is to his mom; it was the one thing that reminded Rye and Lucia of Dad. Were they really going to give that up? As if Lucia were able to read Rye's thoughts, she said, "You know the shop isn't the only memory of Dad we have left. He'll always be with us in here." She reaches over and places her hand over Orion heart. Rye simply exhales while closing his eyes. He then opens his eyes fast and immediately, which causes his mother to jump a bit. "Where are we even moving to?" he asks. "Forks, Washington, the place I grew up," his mother replied with a smile on her face.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

That was about a week ago. Now everything is sorted out at the shop and home. Orion and his mom are all packed up and ready to put all their belongings in the car. Once all their stuff was packed away, they got into the car, ready to get on the road. Orion gave one last good look at the house with teary eyes and whispered, Goodbye. Then he put his earphones in and dozed off to sleep.

When awoken, the first thing Orion lays his eyes on is the "Welcome to Forks" sign. The second thing that made his eyes widen was the population. 3,120 people are living in Forks. This causes Orion to let out a loud, annoyed groan. Lucia eyes her son for a second before asking what was wrong.

Rye shifts his body trying to find some sense of comfort to ease his anxiety. "They're going to eat me alive." He complains, sighing as he drags his hands across his face. Being a new kid at a new school was difficult for two reason, one being that the entire school feels like a never-ending maze, and the second being the students who are already there.

Orion is entering a territory that he has no advantage in. Where he is completely singled out. It was terrifying.

Back in his old school, he wouldn't say he was popular, but he was well known. He knew everyone and everyone knew him. It was something he was happy about. It gave him opportunities.

Lucia can't help but burst out laughing at her son's rambling, which causes Orion to give his mother an annoyed stare. "Look, kid, I doubt these kids are going to be that bad and look on the bright side, my friend's daughter is also going to the same school as you, so at the very least you won't be alone."

This intrigues Rye. "What friend?"

"My friend, Charlie Swan, who is the chief of police, has lived here alone for quite a while now but his ex-wife decided to send his daughter out here to live with him

Rye finds the story of Charlie living in Forks alone quite sad. "What do you know about his daughter?"

"Hm, let's see, Charlie's daughter's name is Isabella Swan; she is a very shy and awkward person, from what I've heard from Charlie. She's also 17 years old. I have a feeling you two will get along just fine."

"I hope," Orion mutters while looking out the rain-covered window. He is beyond terrified to attend school, but the thought of Isabella Swan does calm him down a bit. The one thing Rye knows for sure is that he loves how much it rains in this town.

Lucia noticed and even felt the anxiety pouring out of her son. "Look, love, if these kids try to mess with you, screw them. Show them how tough you truly are. I love you, kid," she says with an adoring look in her eyes.

"I love you too, mom," Orion says.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Finally, Orion and Lucia reached their final destination. His mother's childhood home, Rye, is in shock; it is truly such a beautiful home. It is an old-style Victorian home painted a light purple and a muted navy blue. It's also a two-story home with plenty of windows.

"Wow, this is amazing, Mom," Rye declared while staring at the house in astonishment. Yeah, maybe to anyone else, the house would just be like any other normal house, but one thing to note about Orion is that he adores Victorian homes. He thinks that they have so much personality.

This makes Lucia happy. "Really? You think so?" she replies with a smile

Orion, still in shock at the home, only replies with a nod and a big ol' smile. That's when they heard a voice yell out, "Lucia?" When they turned around, they were met with a man with curly brown hair and a mustache wearing a black and white flannel over a gray t-shirt crossing the street to meet with Lucia and her son.

"Charlie, is that you?" She questions back. It finally clicks in Ryes' head that this is Charlie Swan.

They both go in for a hug and start catching each other up. That's when Lucia introduced Charlie to Orion. "Oh, hey kid, I'm Charlie Nice to meet you," the man says with an awkward smile but still genuine.

Orion lets out a small chuckle. "Yes, nice to meet you, Chief Swan My mom has spoken quite highly of you during this road trip-" Rye is cut off by his mother, whose face is incredibly red at this point.

"Okay, that's enough! Well, that's my son, I'm glad you met now Moving on, where is that daughter of yours?" Rye's mom asks, trying to move on from the subject of her and Charlie but also genuinely curious.

Charlie seems to perk up at the mention of his daughter. - A smile creeps on Orion's face when he catches the slight action - "I'm actually supposed to go pick her up tomorrow morning; that's when she flies in. You know, Orion, I have a special surprise for Isabella when she arrives." He pauses and looks around as if his daughter will pop out of nowhere, then continues in a lower tone, "It's a car," which causes Rye to let out a laugh. The swan man then says, "I'll introduce you and have you two drive to school together."

That makes Orion smile. He was excited to meet Isabella Swan; he could tell they were going to be great friends, maybe even the best. "Yeah, I'm excited about that," replies Rye.

"Well, this was a fun meet-up but I think it's about time we start unloading the car and start moving in," Lucia cuts in.

"Oh yeah, for sure! I'll leave you guys to it. Goodnight," Charlie says, but before leaving, he looks towards Lucia and gently gives her a "see you around."

Lucia can already see the way her son is looking at her "Shut up," is all Lucia says

Let's just say that the rest of the day involved some of Rye teasing his mother, unpacking all his things into his room, and finally getting some sleep.

Authors Note

don't forget to vote!!
Hi! how do we feel about the story so far? This is my first time writing anything like this so again I am willing to take any suggestions!! for right now I am just taking it chapter by chapter I don't know how far ill go into the book but I am quite excited!!