14| Forever

It's been a few weeks since the James situation happened, and Orion has healed surprisingly nicely. The only mark left on him was the scar from where the glass pierced the skin on his side. He focuses on it, staring at his shirtless reflection in the mirror. His fingers trace the tissue. The scar was bigger than he thought it'd be, but he didn't dwell on it too much.

There were more important things on his mind, like the fact that he was getting ready to go to prom. Jasper unexpectedly asked the boy to prom and was dead set on taking him. Orion was never one for events like these, but he couldn't find it in himself to deny the boy.

So here he is, towering over his bed and staring at the tux laid out in front of him. Deciding to get over his procrastination, he puts it on. As he looks over at the mirror, he realizes it doesn't look half bad.

He was never the type to wear formal clothing, not liking how it felt on him, but he can get over it this time.

As he finishes getting ready, he receives a message from Bella. 'Can you come over?'

He is sure that the girl is on the verge of having an anxiety attack, just like him. Orion chuckles before texting her that he'll be over in a few.

He heads downstairs and sees his mother sitting on the couch with the TV remote in hand. Hearing his footsteps, she looks over at the noise.

"Oh my God," his mother utters, getting up from the couch and approaching him. "You look so handsome," she exclaimed with a laugh.

"Thank you," he smiles shyly.

"Is Jasper already here to get you?" Lucia asks as she heads back over to the couch. Orion is almost certain she's searching for her phone to take a picture of them.

He was proven right once he saw his mother come back with the phone in hand. Orion can't help but laugh at her actions. "No, not yet. I'm just going to visit Bella."

He sees his mother deflate, putting her phone in her pockets. "Don't worry, I'll come back with Jasper to get a picture before we leave." He promises.

He hears his mom let out a noise of excitement as he heads out the front door to cross the street.

Once he reaches the swan house, he pulls out a key and unlocks the door, stepping inside and heading upstairs to Bella's room. When Orion and his mother started spending more time with the Swan family, Charlie gifted him a spare key to the house in case anything were to happen. Orion's mother did the same to Bella.

Standing in front of Bella's door, he goes to knock, but before he can, the door swings open, and an arm yanks him inside.

He stumbles into the room. "What the hell, Bells?"

"I'm sorry," the girl apologizes, and Orion can tell that she is on the verge of a nervous breakdown. "I just wanted to ask you if I look okay."

He takes a moment to look at her; she's wearing a beautiful blue dress with her hair done nicely. The only thing that sticks out is her leg cast, but somehow she makes it work.

"You look amazing, Bella," he reassures her, pulling her into a side hug. "I think you should be heading downstairs now; before I came up, I saw your dad interrogating Edward once again." He jokes.