𝗴𝗮𝗵𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗴 | airplane

Start from the beginning

"Hey, not bad."

"Huh?"

When Gahyeon looks down again, she finds Handong loosening her fingers to get a better look at Gahyeon's palm. She begins to trace the lines. "This one is life," she explains, "and this one is love. I used to know all of them, but I've forgotten now."

"So, did you say my fortune's good?" Gahyeon asks curiously.

"Mhm." Handong nods. "See where it begins? That's a good thing, it means that you'll be content. It's about...hmm, average depth – that signifies how important relationships are to you. And it's quite long – that's a lasting relationship."

"Cool!" Gahyeon brings her hand closer to her face for a moment, studying it. Handong is right in her physical analysis; she can't help but wonder if she's right about the spiritual, too.

"And this one," Handong continues, taking Gahyeon's hand back in her own, "is the life line."

"It's short," Gahyeon points out. "Isn't that bad?"

Handong laughs. "No, don't worry. It's not about your lifespan. That just means you're independent. The length signifies how others affect your choices in life."

"Oh," Gahyeon hums.

"And this one is the deepest line. You're going to have a very rich life full of experiences and adventures."

Gahyeon chuckles. "Sounds about right."

Handong grins. She pulls her gaze from Gahyeon's hand to her face, but she doesn't drop her grasp. "So, are you going on vacation?"

"Yup." Gahyeon gestures towards the front of the plane. "I came here with my best friend. Our mutual friend is getting married."

"Oh, how lovely!" Handong coos.

"It will be nice," Gahyeon agrees. "They're lucky to be able to do it in such a beautiful place, especially with such nice weather right now."

Handong hums in agreement. "Wish I could say that I'll be enjoying it, but this is a business trip for me."

"Oh, what do you do?"

"I'm a model. Here for a show."

Oh. That makes a lot of sense.

Gahyeon doesn't even realize that she's said that aloud until Handong laughs. Instantly, her face colors scarlet again, and she slaps a hand over her mouth. "Sorry, that sounded weird—! I didn't mean—"

"No, no. That was funny. I mean, thank you, right?"

"Yes, yes, thank you is fi– uh, yes, it's a compliment. Sorry."

Handong laughs harder. "Okay, then thank you."

"You're welcome. You're really gorgeous."

"Oh, you're sweet—!" While Handong beams, Gahyeon sinks in her seat again. She's not so good at flirting under pressure, though Handong doesn't seem to mind. "You're pretty easy on the eyes, yourself," she adds. When Gahyeon dares to meet her gaze again, Handong winks.

Gahyeon bites her lip in embarrassment. "T-Thank you," she practically whispers.

Just in time to spare her from further embarrassment, a flight attendant approaches. "Something to drink?"

The woman is quite pretty: her features are doll-like, huge lips and eyes with sharp cheekbones. Her uniform is slim-fitting and attractive on her curves. A brief flash of annoyance runs through Gahyeon's mind as she checks Handong out. This one is mine, she thinks. Get your own.