Beach

【part eighteen】

part eighteen

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Waiting for the club to start, Y/N prepared her song choice for the day while the other hosts set up in their positions to welcome the guests.

She waited patiently on the little platform stage as the doors opened and her friends chimed their usual "Welcome!". Everyone dispersed, some guests waving in her direction while some of the hosts gave her an encouraging thumbs up.

Y/N waited for everyone to get situated, acknowledging her own guests with a kind smile. She picked up her violin, resting it between her neck and shoulder, and began playing the song "Golden Hour".

It was a rather warm day outside, and this piece seemed to fit that feeling. It was pleasing to the ear, fit the evening's warmth, and was a nice break from the normal classical music these students probably hear.

The song came to an end; Y/N placed her violin back in its case while everyone applauded her performance. She heard a lot of the girls compliment her fluidity and elegance, and she might have caught a few hosts holler out some encouraging words.

She laughed at their boisterous behavior, walking over to her own guests. "Hello, gentlemen. I hope you're enjoying your evening."

"There's no reason not to." A regular guest of Y/N's, Yasu Imai, spoke. "Your precision when you play is always a delight to watch. You can make anything sound euphonious."

Y/N returned a warm smile, sitting across from her guests.

"I'll have to say, I'm quite excited about this beach trip. I'm surprised they're allowing guests to tag along." Jun laughed. Y/N gave him a quizzical look.

"Beach trip? I'm sorry—I'm not following." The girl shook her head.

"Oh? Kyoya invited a lot of guests to come along with you guys to the beach." Another guest interjected.

Y/N was beyond confused. "I'm still—I was not aware of this. When is this trip?"

"Tomorrow." They all replied.

The girl's eyes widened. "Tomorrow—?! Oh—okay. Well, I'll have to get up to speed with this outing, but I'm delighted you all get to tag along." Her eyes quickly glanced in Jun's direction.

"It will certainly be a change of pace from normal school events. The beach always reminds me of childhood memories." Jun spoke, causing Y/N to take a deep breath as she met his eyes.

"Most definitely..."

Seated around the large main table, hosting hours have ended, everyone was conversing with each other to pass time before they left.

"So when was someone going to tell me we were going to the beach?" Y/N used her arms as a cushion, resting her head on them, her eyes resting shut.

"We're going to the beach?" She heard Haruhi wonder.

"Way to ruin the surprise, Y/N." She heard Hikaru speak from across the table.

"How did you find out?" Tamaki whined. "This was supposed to be a surprise for my two daughters." She could practically hear the frown in his voice.

Unmoving, Y/N replied, "Did you really think I wouldn't find out? My guests wouldn't stop talking about it." She sighed. "Of course you would invite our guests, Kyoya."

"It was the perfect opportunity to increase club earnings. Not to mention a relaxing break for our guests."

"Calm down, I can hear your excitement from here." The girl huffed.

Two pairs of hands shook her shoulders, causing Y/N to groan and turn her face down into the table.

"C'mon, Y/N! Wake up. We have to show you the bathing suit we chose for you!" The twins began to pull on her arms.

"I can choose my own, thank you." She huffed, fighting back the twin's urges to move her. "For the love of—let go of me!"

"Nope! You need to get up and see." She heard Hikaru from her right. His arm wrapped around her shoulder, pulling her upright. His hand fell under her chin, holding her head so she didn't drop it down.

Kaoru lifted the girl's arms, forcing her to stand. Y/N's eyes drifted open while her two classmates steadied her. "Stop, stop. Why are we even going to the beach anyway?" She pulled Hikaru's hand away from her face, his arm still resting around her shoulder.

"You and Haruhi expressed your love for the beach while at Kyoya's family water park! I did say that was where we would go next." Tamaki gladly explained, sending a blinding smile.

"So we're really going...?" Y/N spoke softly. Her mind trailed off, causing the two Hitachiins to share a puzzled look at the girl's shift in behavior.

"What's with the solemn look?" Hikaru noticed. "Don't say you're not interested anymore."

The girl was snapped out of her thoughts. "No, no...that's not it. I do love the beach, truly. I just have a lot of bittersweet memories tied to it."

The twins titled their heads, unsure what the girl was saying. They eventually shrugged it off.

Kyoya typed away on his computer, listening to the lacking conversation. "You all better get home, then. We're heading off tomorrow."

██████████████████████████