Chapter 7: Moon Letters.

The Elves were true to their word. They had amassed a large amount of food for the company of Dwarves who were now among their ranks. And by food, there was mainly an assortment of fruits and vegetables. And the Dwarves looked all disappointed by the lack of meat. 

"Well, they're no Dobby or the other House Elves back home. But they are generous hosts." Ron commented eating something. 

Neville looked at Ori just looked at his plate. "You alright?" He asked.

"I don't like Green Food." Ori answered. 

Dwalin was tossing his hand through his salad. "Where's the meat?" He asked in disbelief. 

"Have they got any chips?" Ori asked.

The Dwarves and them complaining about the food was a reminder for Harry of that one time when Dudley got so fat that Harry's Aunt Petunia put the whole family on a diet. "Peasant food, my Uncle Vernon calls this stuff." He said. Next to him were the Elves playing instruments on their strings as they ate.

"And for good reason there, Harry." Dwalin commented.

"Feels like the Slug Club all over again." Ginny commented.

"Except for the music." Hermione pointed out. She couldn't complain too much. This was at least civilized eating. Except for Ron trying to eat as much as he could.

"You know, I'm not really a big fan of vegetables. But this puts a smile on my face." Ron admitted as he ate the elvish cooking and as Elrond and Gandalf walked by. 

"Kind of you to invite us." Gandalf thanked Elrond. "Not really dressed for dinner." 

"Well, you never are." Elrond replied. 

The eating and drinking continued. And Harry sat with Thorin, Gandalf and Elrond at one table. Elrond inspecting one of the blades. "This is Orcrist, the Goblin- cleaver. A famous blade, forged by the High Elves of the West. My kin." He explained. "May it serve you well." 

"Goblin Cleaver." Harry repeated. "Can't imagine any Goblin would want to go near it." 

Thorin gave a small nod taking the blade back. And then Elrond examined Gandalf's sword. "And this is Glamdring. The Foe-hammer, sword of the King of Gondolin. These swords were made for the Goblin wars of the First Age." He went on. 

While that was going on, Bilbo unsheathed his own sword a bit. Wondering if it had a name of its own.

"I wouldn't bother, Laddie." Balin interrupted Bilbo. "Swords are named for the great deeds they do in war." 

"What are you saying, my sword hasn't seen battle?" Bilbo asked.

"I'm not actually sure it is a sword." Balin figured. "More of a letter opener, really." 

"Don't feel too bad, Bilbo. The Sword of Godric Gryffindor doesn't have a name either." Luna assured. "Unless you count the name the Sword of Godric Gryffindor. But that seems rather long for a name." 

"Well, if it's seen action in Wizarding Wars and Goblin Rebellions, don't you think it should have a name?" Neville asked.

"I guess no one really thought about it that way, Neville." Luna replied.

"What name would we even call it?" Hermione asked.

"How did you come by these?" Elrond asked astonished.

"We found them in a Troll hoard by the Great East Road." Gandalf explained. "Shortly before we were ambushed by Orcs." 

"And what were you doing on the Great East Road?" Elrond asked.