Vol 4/ Chapter 58 The Evening Dance Party

Start from the beginning

"Why don't you lend me yours then, Feliciana? You can wear the gowns provided by the Church, they might even be pretty!"

Unable to find a good solution, Nicola could only shamelessly try to take mine.

"No way!"

There was no way I'd agree to embarrass myself alone! I flatly refused.

"Back in Makalan City we already tried – you simply can't fit into my clothes! Otherwise you wouldn't have been forced to take someone else's! And why ask me? Cyra has one too!"

"Obviously you can't fit into mine either, no need to try!"

Seeing me kick the ball to her, Cyra quickly covered her ring, afraid I'd snatch it on a whim.

To be honest, I was quite looking forward to Nicola in a gown. With her tall stature, she should theoretically look much better than Cyra and I, the "shorties".

"Have you ladies decided yet? The banquet is about to start..."

Having waited for a while, one of the maids finally couldn't hold back and inquired.

"Hehehe, you two..."

Having been rebuffed on both sides, Nicola laughed bitterly, suddenly turning to instruct the maids.

"Of course, let's start right away!"

Since the three of us couldn't resolve sharing the two Edenmere uniform dresses, the only solution was to treat everyone equally.

As the saying goes, if we must die, die together as "good brothers". The same clearly applied to wearing gowns, specifically the women's evening gowns...

"Who would've thought you'd actually look quite good in that! Usually as vicious as a tiger, I guess it really comes down to the clothes!"

Nicola was the last to exit the changing room. Glancing at her black suit ensemble, Cyra couldn't help but praise her, though with an intentional mocking tone.

For such a grand banquet occasion, angels naturally needed to reveal their signature wings. To accommodate the wings, the gowns provided by the maids were mostly off-shoulder, backless evening dresses, making it even more embarrassing.

"Mother tiger, you say!"

Nicola blushed, veins bulging on her forehead as she pointed at Cyra's pure white gown and loudly accused,

"Look who's talking! Among us three, who's the most beautiful? Hmph, a veritable fairy! Too bad about that personality of yours, tsk tsk..."

This wasn't an exaggeration. With her face identical to Michelle's, even without the gown Cyra could easily stun at first sight yet remain a beauty to behold. Coupled with this white ensemble, she was simply dazzling.

"You think I like this look? It's not like I can control my appearance! And have you looked in the mirror lately - the textbook ice beauty! When I first saw you, I almost fell for your deception. Outward grace, inward dishevelment!"

Cyra didn't hold back, retorting fiercely. However, the few maids heard it differently, exchanging perplexed glances. They clearly didn't understand what the pair was comparing - do angels actually enjoy competing to be uglier?

As for me, I slipped out of the dressing room in a blue dress, using the chance to quietly escape.

"Hey? Miss Angel, your makeup is incomplete!"

But I was spotted by a maid chasing after me.

"It's fine, just some lipstick is enough!"

Truth be told, even this simple lipstick felt bizarre, like having an oily layer on my lips that would likely make eating quite inconvenient. Being called out like that, I dared not linger and hurried towards the banquet hall in my high heels.

Fortunately, angels have superb physical abilities. Coupled with wings for balance, I quickly got used to walking in the high heels. Though I did feel a slight wobble, likely from sitting cross-legged too long that afternoon...

"Welcome, the beautiful Miss Feliciana! She is one of the angels from Edenmere, a high-ranking six-winged angel. With this interaction, the relationship between True Church and Edenmere shall deepen further!"

The moment I pushed open the doors, I saw the massive banquet hall was packed full of people. Following the introduction, everyone stood up, with Cysper even walking down from the Pope's main seat, smiling warmly as he approached me.

Presently he donned an ornate white and gold Church formal robe, wearing a mitre and clutching a staff of authority. Overall, he exuded an unexpectedly dignified aura. To be honest, I couldn't have imagined Cyrus's face pulling off such an effect. But my attention was quickly drawn to the numerous gazes around me.

Having that many eyes locked onto me really felt like needles pricking my back! I had thought this was just attending a banquet representing Edenmere, simply eating and drinking like before. But Cysper made it so formal and ceremonious - I should've listened to Cyra and not come!

"Where are the other two? How come only you're here?"

As we walked side-by-side into the center of the hall, Cysper asked me in a low voice.

"They're right behind, should be here soon!"

I replied just as softly. The distraction almost made me twist my ankle, luckily Cysper reacted quickly to support me, preventing an embarrassing fall.

The subsequent proceedings were simpler - following the pre-arranged program, I curtsied to the crowd. Finally, I was seated with the butler's guidance.

"Looks like you angels aren't used to attending such banquets!"

A familiar voice came from behind. Turning back, it was Eminem from a couple days ago, enthusiastically waving at me. Still donning his red archbishop attire, he naturally wouldn't miss such an important Church event as a high-ranking official.