I stared at him coldly.

"You didn't help me escape, you kidnapped me," I snarled at him.

"Details," he shrugged with a smile on his face, "it helped you get to your brother, didn't it? I'd say it was a fair trade."

The tension in the air thickened at the mention of the kidnapping, and Haden moved towards him, like a predator stalking his prey. His attack was swift, punching him in the face before grabbing him by the throat and lifting him.

"You think this is funny?" Haden snarled.

"Hey, easy there," Drake remarked, his demeanour calming as if it was just another Tuesday, "my face is one of my best assets."

"I could kill you right here, right now, and not lose a single night's sleep over it," Haden growled, fueled with rage.

"Now, now, let's not resort to violence. We're all civilized beings here, aren't we? Besides, if you kill me, you'd never learn what the Rogue King was planning," Drake offered, eyes twinkling as he realized he had the upper hand. I took it as my sign to step forward and stop Haden from ripping him to pieces.

"Enough! We need to hear him out," I told Haden, my voice cutting through the tension like a blade.

Haden's grip tightened on Drake's throat, but he reluctantly released him, his eyes never leaving the warlock's face.

Drake straightened his collar with a nonchalant flick of his hand, seemingly unfazed by the threat. "Awe, I knew you always liked me, blondie."

"Answer my questions," I demanded, my stare hard.

"What was your question again? I can't seem to get my thoughts together tonight, you know, with all the punches to my face and all," he added with an innocent grin.

"I've had enough of these games," Haden growled but I stepped up to stop him.

"Enough," I snarled at him, making him look into my eyes. We shared a look before I turned to face Drake again. "Tell us why you're here and why you think your interests align with ours."

Drake's smirk widened as he waved his hand around and immediately, a chair materialized behind him and he flopped down. He folded his legs together, getting quite comfortable, before glancing up at us. At another wave, chairs popped up around us and he invited us to sit and listen to what he had to say.

"The protection spell was necessary," he began as serious eyes scanned the group, "it's a barrier of sorts, designed to keep unwanted guests out. And as for the reason I'm here..." He trailed off, a knowing glint in his eyes.

Greyson's patience was wearing thin. "Quit stalling! What the fuck do you know?"

"Come on Drake," I started, "tell us what you know."

Drake leaned back in his chair, his gaze flickering between both of us. "Very well. But first, let me make one thing clear: my allegiance lies with no one but myself. I am not your enemy, nor am I your ally. I am merely a man with a vested interest in keeping the balance."

Haden snorted derisively but Drake didn't look his way.

"As I mentioned to Luca here, I was in New York for a little bit. While I was there, I got... intertwined with a coven of witches."

"We don't need to hear about your filthy bedtime habits, Drake," Harley's voice reigned in from behind us and I held my snicker.

Rolling his eyes, Drake continued, "After we had our little fun, they mentioned the Rogue King and what he's been doing to the packs across Northern America. Naturally, I couldn't care what happened – I'm not a werewolf after all – but then they mentioned all this nonsense about the Moon Goddess and Sun God."