𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

★★★★★★★★

Zoey had been getting pain for the past few days, she wasn't sure what it was and it scared her a little bit. She didn't know if it was to do with the baby or because of how far along into the pregnancy was, but she kept telling herself it would all be okay.

Noel had seemed to notice the pain too, he had done everything he could to help her but it seemed to fail. Zoey had decided she was going to take some time off school in hopes she'd be feeling better, she wasn't in the week before and she knew that today was a big day for Kelly-Jo, she didn't want to ruin anything for that day and she hoped that something wouldn't wanna happen. Zoey didn't know if she could deal with a life skills lesson today, but luckily she was with Noel so she assumed it wouldn't be all that bad.

"Right, saltfish fritters, curried goat, jerk chicken and rice and plantain on the side" Miss Walters spoke, looking over at a board with the words scribbled on. "Any questions?"

"Yeah, why are we here?" Stacey smiled, causing a laugh from everyone except Zoey.

"That is a good one. Apparently, to help me, but you're slowing me down so come on, chop chop. Off you go" Nicky sighed, placing her hands on her back. "Come on! In you go, in you go" she ushered all the kids into the kitchen with a loud sigh. "Aprons, gloves, hats , everything you need in there.."

Everyone walked into the kitchen, all getting ready to create some food for the rest of the school. But Zoey didn't feel good, she felt like she was gonna pass out any second now. Yet, she still pushed through it.

"Eh, Miss. whereabouts are these Jalapeños?" Noel suddenly shouted as he looked through a collection of foods, Zoey stood next to him.

"Noel, I've told you, you are not making nachos in my kitchen!" Nicky shouted back, causing a smirk to arise on a pale Zoey's face.

"Oh, all right then, I'll put some of these Jamaican ingredients on, then. Jerk Nachos" Noel grinned, causing Stacey and Schuey to agree with him.

"Miss, his Nachos are actually so good..." Zoey chimed in, holding her stomach. "I'm actually craving some now, cheers Noel" Zoey rolled her eyes as Noel looked back at her in confusion.

"I'll make you some later, promise" he smiled softly as he squeezed her cheeks, dying them a rosy pink. "You sure it's you craving it and not the baby?"

"She is actually pissing me off, so don't start" Zoey sighed, placing her hands on the counter. "She won't stop kicking"

"Probably cos of all that junk food you ate last night" Noel joked, tapping her stomach. "Probably set her off" he added on before suddenly leaving.

"Where are you off to now?" Zoey sighed, folding her arms in annoyance. "You better not be leaving me"

"I'm gonna go to Miss Whitwell, talk to Dean..." Noel smirked before practically skipping away.

★★★★★★★★

By now, everyone was cooking and having fun, Zoey still felt the pain she felt an hour prior to this and she couldn't bear it anymore. She clutched her hands onto the side of the counter and started to feel her legs weaken, Noel seemed to notice it too and tapped her shoulder.

"Told ya you shouldn't have ate that junk food" Noel joked, not realising that water had now sprayed from between Zoey's legs. "Zoey?"

"Uh, that is proper mingin!" Stacey called out, pointing at Zoey who was now panting.

"Woah, woah...Zoey!" Donte called out, rushing over to check what was going on. "Nicky, call an ambulance now!"