𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

★★★★★★★★

Today was the day of the charity fun run, Zoey was more than excited but with her pregnant stomach, she seemingly couldn't do any running. Obviously she had gone to the doctors with her parents, who had gave her the all okay for her to do the running, just if she didn't run as fast than the others.

Zoey was happy, she was finally able to take part in something and not be left out in yet another thing. If Zoey had to be honest, she hated being left out, she hated the fact she had to watch others take part in things she couldn't, and she knew in a couple months it would be exactly like that. Zoey felt scared, but she felt happy. Scared that she was probably going to be alone in this, but happy that she will get something in the end, a baby.

Zoey and Noel were sat in assembly, Zoey obviously leant on his chest as Miss Campbell stood at the front of the hall, speaking into a microphone about the cross country fundraiser which was happening. Zoey obviously wasn't listening, she was too busy looking down at her stomach and thinking of when her little baby was going to pop out.

"Also, Mr Lovell has made a very generous - slash - stupid offer" Miss Campbell says, causing Zoey to perk her head up in confusion.

"I think my moneys safe" Fraser laughs, standing behind Miss Campbell as he spoke into the microphone.

"So, Preston Walters - we all know Preston" Kim chuckles, pointing over at Preston as everyone in the assembly hall cheers. "And it seems that Preston has been getting very close to breaking the school cross-country record, which stands at..."

"18.08" Mr King adds on, leaning into the microphone.

"18.08" Kim repeats before going back to the microphone. "Right, well if Preston does break it this afternoon, Mr Lovell has agreed to double the sponsor money from his own pocket" she says, causing Zoey to stare at her father in disbelief. "How much have you raised, so far, Preston?"

"Uh, about 200 quid" Preston answers back, trying to recall from the top of his head.

"Oh, hold on, hold on, hang on a second!" Fraser suddenly calls out, now annoyed of the fact that it had increased a lot more than he intended. "It was £40 when I offered"

"Your kind gesture encouraged people to dig deep, sir" Caz replies, smirking as she spoke with a small nod.

"Right. Okay, well I'm not sure which you want more - the school funds or if it's to see Mr Lovell out of Pocket" Kim laughs as Fraser sits back down. "But I think we can all agree that we would love to see Preston break that record this afternoon, am I right?" Everyone cheers and claps, excluding Myles who's seemingly annoyed by this new idea.

★★★★★★★★

"Right! Come on, people, I want your money in the buckets!" Noel shouts as he shakes a bucket around, a few kids donating some money. Zoey walks over with a small grin and kisses his cheek. "Alright?" he says, tilting his head.

"mhm" she replies back, wrapping her arms around his neck. "gotta take it easy during this running thing, doctors said it could cause me to pass out or summat" she sighs rolling her eyes. "Like im gonna actually listen to them?"

"I mean you should" Noel says, placing a hand on her waist. "Like, what if you do pass out?" Noel questions, furrowing his brows.