10• Our eye met

Start from the beginning

"Thank you for what?", I asked.

"For helping me select a dress when I was so damn confused, thank you", she stated.
She's really thanking me for choosing a dress for her after putting allegations on me that I'm showing off my money.
Cute.

"It's alright dear, afterall it only matters when someone chooses a perfect one for you among the thousands options", her eyes more widen but I can see the pride in her eyes.
Nothing just one word, *QUEEN*

"True", she smirked, "By the way, another truth to be told, you could be a fashion model", her eyes were shining like jewels, reflecting divine diamond.

"Well that's not the first time someone told me that.. but thank you!! All the credit goes to genes", I raised my brow and replied. My lips curl into a slight left smirk.
I was wearing an all Black suit, tailored to mold perfectly to my body. Everyone in my home complimented me but her's... worked like cherry on the top.

"If confidence were an art, you'd be the masterpiece", she rolled her eyes

"If confidence were an art, you'd be the masterpiece", she rolled her eyes. A sarcastic smile was fixed on her face.

"Well, I'll take it as another compliment... Thank you again", I smirked.

She didn't reply but rolled her eyes..
I like it when she does it.
What else do you like Agastya??
Not now....

"You're looking magnificent, Varnika", I bent a little down and used my soft voice.

Well this sentence is nothing in front of her beauty but I couldn't hold myself to not compliment her.

She smiled. beautiful, genuine smile.

"Varnika here you-", one of Varnika's friends came and stood beside her.

Everyone is looking for her only.

"Ohh sorry, I disturbed you guys. Jij- Agastya can I just take Varnika for a few minutes?", her friend asked and I nodded.
"Sure".

I went towards the bar. Ivaan, Rohan, and Kartik were standing there.
"One scotch", I ordered.
"Mil liya bhai, bhabhi se?", kartik smirked and teased me.

(Brother you Met sister-in-law?)
Inn logo ko sath Lana hi nahi chaiye.

I glared at him, demanding to shut his mouth.
But all the three bastards chuckled.

Soon Ved and Ruhanika bhabhi cut the cake and everyone gathered.

Varnika came beside me and stood.
Her eyes were not shining like before but there's something which I had never witnessed in her eyes.
An anxiety, trepidation, a little fear and wrath.
She grabbed my arm and came a little close.
I couldn't understand what the hell was going on.
Her facial expressions and her actions were not at all compromising.

She was wearing heels, still she came to my shoulder.
I bent a little down to her face, expecting that she'll say something.
"Don't think too much, our family is watching us", she didn't look at me but I can see the reason is definitely something else.
"Okay, since Now if they're watching us....",
I grabbed her waist and pulled her closer.
Close enough that we both could hear our heart beats, close enough that our scents exchanged and got mixed with the surrounding oxygen, close enough that anyone passing by would clearly declare that we're madly in love.
She got stunned for a moment, her eyes can clearly scream *what the fuck are you doing* but before she could say anything "Don't think too much, our family is watching us", I assured her with a smirk.