𝙄𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙤

Start from the beginning

"Any good news?" Lloyd asked as he drank the cup of tea, the hotness feeling good going down his throat.

Charles smiled and put his cup down. "Well, actually, I'm getting married!"

The others squealed, hurting Lloyd, but he didn't care. He did it again when Charles asked him to be his best man. Him and the girlfriend, Jangmi, have been going out since the very beginning of the war. In fact, their first date was at the City Hall because they were working with the Red Cross. Lloyd never met her, but James did. She was the definition of Vagian beauty. She was tall, thin, pale, black-haired, and tiny eyed. She even had small feet, which was rumored to be a sign of good fertility and health in Vagu.

"As for me," James said once the excitement died down. "me and my mom are going to Mexico in August for a job opportunity. I could actually be a real artist!"

"That's great." Lloyd felt his wounds hurt, but not as much as last night. "This kinda happened a few weeks ago, but Mulligan called me."

The two's eyes shot out their heads before they went on a rant, cursing him out. The other had to move his hands around to tell them that he apologized.

"And you forgave him?!" James put his hand to his forehead. "Lordddddd."

"Oh girl, please, I have like a whole husband now-" he suddenly grabbed his phone. "I don't think he's been texting me, has he?"

He opened his phone, and immediately, all the texts and calls spammed at once. They read them together. Apparently, Marcel found out from the news and told François fifteen minutes after it happened, and he sent him over a hundred messages and calls since.

"Aw, François' worried."

The phone rang, Lloyd instantly answered and put it on speaker. "Hello?"

"Lloyd!" François' voice was high-pitched. It sounded like he's been crying. "Oh, Lloyd! I thought you were dead!"

"No, no! I'm not dead, baby!"

Charles answered, "Nah, he's not dead. He's chilling in bed."

"I'm coming right now, I'm in Gafn."

They all exclaimed, "You're coming today?!"

"Yes, of course. I need to be with you." His voice was shaking through the phone. "I'll be there in less than an hour. I love you so much." He hung up.

Lloyd struggled out of bed, James helping him. He didn't want his husband, who just came back from an unbearable situation, to see him in such a pathetic state. He was given a cane, his royal clothes, and his crown. It hurt so much, but he'll be fine. He felt dizzy, but his friends were there to give encouragement. He had to be outside, where a concerned crowd and a million cameras were in his face.

"Do you know the attacker?"

"Are you alright?"

"Where is Prince François?"

All those questions and so little time.

"I'm perfectly well. You do not need to worry about your king nor his pets." His voice was smooth like butter, although it hurt to take a deep breath. "The attacker has been arrested and is awaiting punishment. My husband is coming shortly from France. He had family matters to deal with." He saw them at ease again. Great. "I've received many good wishes from the public and people outside the nation. I express my gratitude. Thank you all. Have a blessed day."

Once he was back inside, he had to sit down and smoke. He rubbed his head. What a situation.

"You look sick." He looked up at Charles. "Are you okay? I think you should go back to bed."