Loving Gaze

Ever since you met him,

you wonder why he treats you like a treasure.
Even though you had been suspecting him about that for a while, you'd never mind his affection towards you. He loved you, it was clear. His embrace felt like comfort, welcoming you with open arms. His eyes that gazed upon yours so lovingly and had warmth beneath and outside.

That was before the 'incident'.

You're not sure, when he saw you talking with a man that was not him, he held a vase and shattered it across the floor.

"That man."

Utter jealousy filled his eyes, and his face darkened.
That worried you. This wasn't like him before.

- "It isn't what you think-"

Her words were cut off when he hit her across the cheek, making her fall to the floor and bled.

His cold eyes stare at hers, slapping her across the cheek once again.
After a moment, he looks at her with loving eyes in an instant. Caressing her cheek with the same hand that hit her, he smiles at the fact she obeyed.

"Oh, don't make me worry again, sweetheart.
If you do this again, I can guarantee a punishment awaiting you."

His voice drips with possessiveness, wicked, unamusing intent. A grip with both of his hands around her neck felt like chain tied between his arms that always welcomed her. Not comfort, rather like a cell.